Archinect
anchor

3DH category

MacRoen

To have an overview of all the fantastic 3DH threads can we create a seperate category for this. Finally we have all of Per's comments in one place. Hell, we maybe only allow Per in this category so he can not hijack other threads...

Maybe we should poll the Archinectors...

Sep 30, 07 1:15 am
SDR

Design Community finally did that, perhaps in an effort to give him a playpen and keep him out of the hair of the adults. It's called "New Structures Forum."

Sep 30, 07 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
binary

give the shit a rest..... seriously............

this that and the other......

Sep 30, 07 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Yup.

Sep 30, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Man, you guys really know how to be annoying.

Every other goddamn thread is about this 3DH. Get over it.

From now on any thread that has to do with 3dh should be called "Banality by Detail" or perhaps "Tracing the Steps of the Legless."

Sep 30, 07 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

But, but. . .that would be BbD, or TSL. . .

There's obviously something hypnotic about dealing with a deranged psychopathic would-be architect.

Sep 30, 07 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
med.

No wonder this is all so annoying. None of the contents within the 3dh threads actually makes any sense.

Sep 30, 07 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Actually, there's been a giant leap forward (?) in a week, with several right-on descriptions of the perpetrator and of his device, and a spate of new details, modifications and caveats by the perp himself. And others are taking up the challenge. Anything could happen at this point -- or nothing.

Sep 30, 07 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
med.

"Actually, there's been a giant leap forward (?) in a week, with several right-on descriptions of the perpetrator and of his device, and a spate of new details, modifications and caveats by the perp himself. And others are taking up the challenge. Anything could happen at this point -- or nothing."

Dismissed.

Sep 30, 07 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

um, what happened to the "competition" thread?!? I thought we were actually (almost) getting somewhere

Sep 30, 07 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
med.

No offense to you guys at all. I just think it has gotten to a level that is beyond asinine.

Sep 30, 07 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Now, now -- this isn't a sprint -- it's a marathon. Four years and counting; it's like Anna Russel's version of the Ring Cycle, a great operatic tragicomedy and we're only part way through. The end hasn't been written yet. Aren't you curious to see what happens next ?

If not, I certainly don't blame you at all. . .

Sep 30, 07 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

That competition thread seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. I'm a little disappointed because I admire the work rehiggins posted on that thread.

Oct 1, 07 1:24 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"That competition thread seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. I'm a little disappointed because I admire the work rehiggins posted on that thread."

Well there been a bit discussion about "if" there shuld be censur, Censur as you know --- china, sowiet, ..... and we all talked a great deal if or not, as if art can profit from it, if society can if freedom of speach , do I need to go on ?

I told you that censur is here allready , but censur is not about if it is fun that your oppoment lose his case by getting his mouth taped, his hands tight , censur work easy here , ----- just sad id some students realy got the point found out how to use this new tool, as I guess this would have been the only contest that gave them a chance.

Now you all proberly has strong felings about censur in other situations, it's by core a political thing.

Oct 1, 07 4:37 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

-

Oct 1, 07 4:46 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

How this political thing came into arts, well I guess it's a political thing to, The will art profit form cencur, --- good subject for a long tread , plenty examples, you know China , sowjet, north korea, ..... and belive me artists are cencured today ; it's a political thing,

Oct 1, 07 5:03 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Now when you think about it Per Corell was newer the charecter who would GLOW , when proved right , but remember I warned about it, just after another tread "disapeared of the surface of the earth" wonder if anyone notised --- anyway in the just disapered tread I tried presave you -- those who could see something newthinking in that kind of contest, if it wasn't an idear to announce the contest ;

http://bustler.net/index.php/archinect/

It wasn't and now --- well guess you know what happen to a long text when you hit the "del" button, ----- a bit sad for the future Ph.D. arts historic I would say, but this is just the penny to pay when cencur occour.
And remember it's a political thing, something realy relevant in arts.

http://bustler.net/index.php/archinect/

Oct 1, 07 5:35 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

The one thread on 3DH that was actually interesting and advancing the idea has now been deleted. What gives? A number of us had devoted time to that; it's unfair to simply yank it without even an explanation.

Oct 1, 07 8:07 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

As a system it isn't very interesting and revolutionary. The more you think about it and look at its details, the more complicated and similar to every other (roman) building system. It is Per Himself that gives 3dh its interest, allure and longevity. Some of the work of others was nice on that thread...but we could talk about that outside the sphere of 3dh, right?

Oct 1, 07 8:34 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i liked the 3dh competition thread because it focused the attention on 3dh in a positive manner. most of the 3dh threads are pure garbage, only meant to insult or antagonize per. for the first time, i was really engaging per and his system and found there's some merit to it; it simply needs further exploration and study. it seems to me per has hit a brick wall in developing the idea and he needed us romans to help advance it further.

Oct 1, 07 8:43 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Well --- I did try to listen, I also admit the "foults" , and accepted how the "anchoring" , how so little was needed to ensure structural integrety.
, and true, there was the drive in that tread, to florish a new architecture.

Oct 1, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 
SDR

That's odd. I would have voted to delete all 3DH threads (including this one) and leave the competition intact. I agree with the opinions above.

Oct 1, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 
SDR

pardon; ". . .delete all *other* 3DH threads and leave the competiton intact."

Oct 1, 07 11:17 am  · 
 · 
rehiggins

sorry guys (non-gender specific), I feel like it's my fault…

Oct 1, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 

What happened to the other thread?

Dammit, I hate it when I miss stuff ...

Oct 1, 07 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

rehiggins -- certainly not; my fault (as a rabble-rousing latecomer) if anything. Yours were (are) among the most useful of observations.

Oct 1, 07 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

thanks, it's back up now so it seems all is forgiven (I still don't know why it disappeared in the first place)

Oct 1, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Is 3DH old enough to have ghosts, or young enough to inspire poltergeists, do you suppose ?

Oct 1, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Burning Man !!!!

Oct 1, 07 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

jafidler,

I guess you are right.

I have been frustrated with seeing so much 3dh arrogance from Per that I got sick of it , but it seems, my recent additions to these posts are just adjating him. I guess that would adjatate me too , if I were him.

okay , Per,...truce?

Oct 1, 07 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Agitate ?

Actual honeycomb used in architecture:
http://www.archidose.org/Oct07/01/dose-image02.html

Courtesy of Archidose

Oct 2, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: