Archinect
anchor

WalMart.. now the Eagles?

link

Could it be consumber preasure or are they being honest? possibly a little bit of both? Does the average consumer really care?

I find it encouraging these companies are making efforts to lower their environmental impact but am a little cautious they are trying to look green simply to win public favor. What do you guys think?

Sep 25, 07 5:14 pm
Apurimac

ether, what's the problem with looking green to win public favor. That's the only way things are gonna start changing when sustainability becomes marketable.

The problem with that is, will sustainability become a fad? (not that it might already be one)

Sep 25, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Apu, it is definitely already a fad.

Ether, who cares what the motivation is? As long as its getting done, i don't see any problems with their motives. It benefits the environment, and it benefits the economy. Win-win in my book.

Sep 25, 07 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
ether

I honestly don't think it's a problem or even some shady marketing tactic so long as they continue to make changes. And influence other companies to do the same.

that is my worry.. that going green becomes a fad..

just a year ago car companies were feeling the pressure to introduce more hybrid cars. but now that gas prices have stabilized (temporarily).. there doesn't seem to be that pressure anymore.

Can I just add how much I love the recycle machines in the Michigan grocery store entrances. I wish all states/grocery stores would adopt this attitude toward recycling. When ever I walk into a grocery store it so often reminds me of that Seinfeld episode.

Sep 25, 07 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I hate the fuckin eagles

Sep 25, 07 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

yeah stabilized at $3.50/GAL! ... now my wallet's unstable

Sep 25, 07 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

at least your girl friend is bringin home the bacon...

Sep 25, 07 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

shes not my g/f...hehe!

Sep 25, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

shes my sugarmama

Sep 25, 07 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

shes your fucking lady friend...man

Sep 25, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
obelix

This is not architecture, this is football. There are rules.

Sep 25, 07 10:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: