Archinect
anchor

To the Editorial Staff and others

What is the ratio of viewers/visitors/page views on Archinect vs actual "members". This includes members who post news and engage in forum and those whom just lurk (at least most of the time)?

The reason i ask is that i am interested in what if any difference there is...It would seem to say something about the community of Archinecters vs random search hits or occasional design junkie...

Fore related discussion on lurkers....

http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=51148_0_42_0_C

Sep 18, 07 10:19 pm
some person

Yeah...how paranoid do I need to be when I think it's just the 10-20 "regulars" on Thread Central reading my comments?

Sep 18, 07 10:50 pm  · 
 · 

Approximately 5% of Archinect's daily readers are registered members.

Sep 18, 07 10:58 pm  · 
 · 

Wow,
only 5%
much smaller than i thought would be...

Sep 18, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Holy crap! Only 5%? I need to learn to keep my mouth shut/stop typing.

Sep 18, 07 11:07 pm  · 
 · 

This number represents the entire website. It would be fair to assume that this percentage is much higher within the discussion forum.

Sep 18, 07 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
dia

How many members are there?

Sep 18, 07 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hahahahahahaha I've embarassed myself on a much larger scale than I expected! What fun!!

Sep 18, 07 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Isn't it a rule of thumb for blogs that about 5% of your readers actually comment?

Sep 19, 07 3:17 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

So filtering out from the 5 pct. those who write without a clue, from resons other than sharing and inspiring, those who progress some cheat pyramide game, is here with the only intension to harras the fat boy, ----- how many is acturly then left, to entlighten us all with bright new idears or visionary new thinking, it must be very few .

Sep 19, 07 4:24 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I think you must be about the only one, Per.

Sep 19, 07 4:51 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

This frighten me --- I has to say also a bit surprised, as I lost my trust in counters a long time ago, as if I shuld trust these some one and a halve million been exposed to my promoting of 3dh ; scary thought as that mean that some day someone will make an offer I can't refuse.

Sep 19, 07 5:01 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm here to harras the fat boys

although, i must admit that disorderlies was pretty good movie

Sep 19, 07 8:54 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

That guy in the left doesn't look too fat.

Sep 19, 07 9:14 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Their left, our right...I should make sure i'm awake before posting.

Sep 19, 07 9:15 am  · 
 · 
boxy

fat boys? pleeeeassee....

Sep 19, 07 9:20 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

I once made a snide comment in a news item (no longer available) about a superannuated designer and received the wrath of a national organization defending the reputation of their esteemed colleague.

so, yes the reach of archinect is quite wide.

Sep 19, 07 9:56 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

agfax8 ;

"I think you must be about the only one, Per."

Been thinking about that --- then I tried to look closer to see what is posted about architecture. Not much realy , and what is posted except for what school are best, are mainly oppinions about stararchitects, ,various treads that could be in any fora, in fact very little about architecture, very little about engineering, less about CAD and the little about that so alian to what one would think about a foar that would be about fancy decor and studio startup, exiting details and cheap but fancy gadgeds , Really so so little so very little dareing talks no revolusionary spirit all boring social issues and less then 5 pct. about fancy graphics, crits socally polished into boredom and an attitude towerds huge studio's as if they was the masters of the universe ; boring, newer challancing, socialy polished, at best irelevant and with no oppinion that make any difference, see that's your fora , Basta,

Sep 19, 07 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

what up, Archinect Paul?

Sep 19, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

People like yourself ?

Sep 19, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Per, everything has to do with architecture.

Sep 19, 07 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I guess it's risk/reward thing. It hasn't backfired on me yet.

Sep 19, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

architecture has to do with everything.

Sep 19, 07 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

So I'm not the only one who's noticed how few threads and posts relate to architectural ideas, practice, theory, history, etcetera?

Or, if a thread starts on a particular and interesting question or idea, how quickly it gets hijacked into random banter?

Good to know I"m not alone...

Sep 19, 07 3:00 pm  · 
 · 

@ citizen

You mean like this one

Sep 19, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Exactly this one to the editorial staff is jijacked into random banter, --- now even your words make no sense Romans.

Sep 19, 07 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Now remember, namhenderson started this tread newer me.

Sep 19, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

that's why we post under assumed names. a lot of contributers and not contributing readers are friends of mine, so they understand where i'm coming from.

Sep 19, 07 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I agree, Per.

Sep 19, 07 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

however per, you and i need to come to some sort of "alliance" because i don't think you can tell when i'm joking around with you or not. if you want to talk about architecture for real, then i'll be serious in addressing you from now on.

Sep 19, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
some person

3d-h is not architecture.

Sep 19, 07 8:42 pm  · 
 · 

my ex girlfriend used to spy on me in here...sad I know; but it was fun I used to enjoy her repeating things she claimed she heard me say. Good times

Sep 19, 07 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
binary

fat boys...r.i.p. buffy (the human beat box)

i have all there albums on cassette...haha....... thats how i learn how to beatbox..... then doug.e.fresh...then the skinny boys....

b

Sep 19, 07 8:56 pm  · 
 · 

I somehow though you were a beasti boys fan cryz/b

Sep 19, 07 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

'philia, dude, she would spy on you through lurking on archinect?

wtf, that's nuts!

i'm guessing that's the reason she's an ex-girlfriend.

Sep 19, 07 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
binary

beasties are dope..... they dont get much respect compared to the other pioneers in the hip hop game...rakim/kane/krs...

beasties came from a punk background and hooked up with rick rubin i believe.....

their delivery is dope when they switch lines per MC and bounce of each other....

jock box....classic...skinny boys
http://webjay.org/iteminfo/972302/820632a10eb8f57646793fb79626a10e

http://www.humanbeatbox.com/

Sep 19, 07 9:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: