Archinect
anchor

youTube and my iPod in the same sandbox

threshold

With all the great links to architecture related video being put up over the last few weeks I decided to load a few up on my snazzy new iPod only to find it's apparently not so straight forward.

I used a program called Ares Tube and that was nice and simple - it burnt me an mp4 right off youTube and stuck it right in my iTunes for me. The problem - the resulting mp4 is a mess of artifacts that is probably 1/4 the quality of the original flv file.

Can someone point me to a way of doing this that I don't have trashed files in the end?

Thanks

Sep 10, 07 11:01 pm
threshold

I should also say I'm using a pc.

Sep 10, 07 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

So for anyone else having the same question, late last night I found a program called tubesock that did the trick. Easy to use and no reduction in quality.

Sep 11, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm#YouTubeToiPod

It may look like a spam site, but it's totally legit and gives you lossless quality conversions. It also converts more than just YouTube stuff.

Sep 11, 07 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: