Archinect
anchor

Any london students needing another flatmate?

camille

If you have found a house or flat to share in london for this academic year (07/08) and have a spare room that needs to be warmely inhabited, please contact me.
I am from belgium and will be starting in fist year at the AA. I am looking for diverse flatmates who enjoy sharing meals in a flat no further out than zone 3 with room of around £100 pweek or cheaper. I arrive in london on the 18th of september but can be contacted befor by email (cramoche@hotmail.com) or phone (07983290456) or on this site.
cheers
cam

Sep 9, 07 11:58 am
RoedGroed

camille - have you tried these sites:

moveflat.com
gumtree.com

although, admittedly it´s hard to decide on accomodation when you´re not in town and i understand your desire to share with other architects/students.

there was a bartlett thread a short while back which had some suggestions for living in london. might be worth having a peek.

Sep 9, 07 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
jackdaw

camille:

Like yourself I too will be starting in first year at AA the end of the month and still looking for accommodation in London. My name is Susan and I'm from Canada. I will be arriving London on the 19th and on the off chance you still haven't find an suitable flat yet at that time, maybe you would be interested to go look for a flat to share together? And if you did find a flat before that and looking for an extra person to share the cost, please feel free to contact me at anytime. I can be easily reached by email S.S.Chai@gmail.com, and I check this site daily.

Sep 9, 07 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
camille

thanks roedgroed for your suggestions. i think i will wait until i'm in london to really start looking. but if you hear of students in need of one other person...

hello suzan, its quite exciting getting in contact with futur classmates! i will definatly keep you in mind throughout the time i am searching for a room. as i was arriving in london so late i was planing on finding a room in a place were students are missing one person rather than trying to find a flat/house and then looking for people to share it with. but looking on sites like gum tree a lot of people have two rooms to spare.
I will get in contact with you when i arrive in london so we can meet and let each other know how our house hunting is going.
till then enjoy the rest of your time at home, cam

Sep 10, 07 6:48 am  · 
 · 
jackdaw

Well, different people have different opinions regarding on whether arriving less than a week before school starts is considered late or not. I personally believe if your standard's not that unreasonable, it's impossible not to find a place to live if you devote 5 days into it....then again that's just me. However, I had been hearing some unpleasant stories about gumtree, that's why I'm slightly uneased about it. I'm probably gonna rely on Loot a lot when I get to London.

It is great getting in contact with a future classmate before school starts. Give me an email when you get to London, or maybe we'll even bump into one another at the accommodation office. :P

Sep 10, 07 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
chesky

if you're going to the AA, have you been in touch with their accommodation office - it's happening now and will go on for another couple of weeks or so. might be worth a try.

Sep 11, 07 11:42 am  · 
 · 
louisfuton

i've been in london for about 3 1/2 months now. Unfortunately, i've had to switch flats, and am homeless for the time being.
if anyone is arriving soon, and would entertain the possibility of sharing, please let me know.

nic

Sep 11, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: