Archinect
anchor

space station crit

obelix

The attempt of the designer to use the solar panels to strike up a dialogue with terrestrial high-rises is commendable yet ironic, given that the buildings are at least 400km away.

Such rigorous symmetry is saddening in something so technologically advanced, and calls to mind the decadence of ancient Rome. Are we really no better today?

Sep 8, 07 11:08 am
drums please, Fab?

the symmetry saddens you because it reminds you of rome? that's sad

Sep 8, 07 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Thankfully the use of a contrasting color on one of the arrays gives the composition a sense of whimsy and just saves the overall design from being oppressively rigorous.

Sep 8, 07 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
TED

hey remember the bugger is flying so its always self adjusting- in space solar collection is hugely different so you need to reframe your perspective.

Sep 8, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

'H' becomes 'y'

Sep 8, 07 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I think production robots in space would be nice, Build a space platform by nano one function robots, that as soon sheet material some kind, is avaible, will knit a space station where ever in the universe, before someone travel there, some way or another, After the foundations are created it is even easier to develob further technikes, --- why make a satelite as two ladders town together by edgy Lego boxes m I think this is a trend only, future building technikes, will produce wonders in the sky.

Sep 8, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i think i would shit my pants if i was in space.....

Sep 8, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
obelix

The shuttle docking port, located at the middle of the station, gives the otherwise gender-neutral scientific platform an inviting sense of sexuality. "Let's hook up," it seems to say. Further taking into account the fallopian-tube like nature of the main station body, the station becomes an analogy for a mature ovum floating in the endless black amniotic void of the cosmos, sending a clear message to any extraterrestrial visitor that sex is what makes this world go round.

Sep 8, 07 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

It would be a challenge out do that^^

Sep 8, 07 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Did per just do what I thought he did?
1. Not mention 3DH
2. Drop some sarcasm

Hope Satan's got a coat. I'll bet its cold down there.

Sep 8, 07 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

<vent>
<reader shields up>

So if symmetry in solar panel design is so bad, what would anyone do differently? And absolutely no disrespect to previous posters, but the engineers and designers are not concerned about aesthetics, or color schemes or creating sexual appeal – I'm sure this is all small talk, but come on now. Ok, its time for me to take a chill pill.

</reader shields down>
</end vent>

Sep 8, 07 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

dynamic assymetry is so passe.

Sep 8, 07 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen
Annie Choi

has noted as much.

Sep 8, 07 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac
the station becomes an analogy for a mature ovum floating in the endless black amniotic void of the cosmos

...there's something beautiful about that statement...

Sep 9, 07 2:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: