Archinect
anchor

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR HELL?

cityboy9

So hell for me would be to be an accountant. numbers (and i mean numbers and numbers and numbers and manipulating, adding, subtracting, keeping track of lots of numbers) gives me fingernail sensitivity.

please enlighten me.

Aug 29, 07 5:51 pm
mightylittle™

HELL IS SPENDING ETERNITY READING THINGS THAT ARE IN ALL CAPS.

Aug 29, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

working in an office where the better technical job you do, the more technical issues you control until you do absolutely any design work. Thats worse than being in another profesion because your so close to your goal, yet prevented (at the time) from attaining it. I guess thats why people are so motivated to hang up their own shingle.

Aug 29, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Androohy

hahahah........fingernail sensitivity~!!!!!!!

cleaning toilets

being sandy running

an engineer

an intern!

hmmmmm.........

but i would have to agree,

accounting would be THE WORST! ...........hell.......

Aug 29, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Androohy

window schedules!!!!!!!

Aug 29, 07 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

doing parking layouts with an unresponsive mouse (you know where the pointer either moves really slow or skips portions of the screen) and no keyboard shortcuts on a screen with a very low contrast that flutters.

that or being on fire. that might be worse

Aug 29, 07 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
cityboy9

i reckon being on fire WOULD be pretty bad.

Aug 29, 07 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
Androohy

RAP MUSIC

Aug 29, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
binary

being a wanksta'

Aug 29, 07 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

a strip mall that never ends, and on the other side of the strip, a McMansion development that never ends.

Aug 29, 07 8:16 pm  · 
 · 

...and you work in the outlot mcdonalds in front of the strip mall and live in the apt building beyond the mcmansions, over by the interstate.

Aug 29, 07 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

...and your apt over the interstate is part of a complex called "sunshine valley"

Aug 29, 07 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

...and the only library in town is the George W Bush Library.

Aug 29, 07 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I'm with mighty. All caps. Ah!

Aug 29, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

LOL!

Aug 29, 07 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I've been thinking about this since you posted it, cityboy, but it's a loaded question. Can you be more specific? Like, our hell as in, what job would drive us most crazy? If that is the question, then I might have to go with first grade teacher. I thought that maybe it would be assembly line worker, or accountant is a good one for sure.....actually I think working in the insurance industry would be absolutely soul-sucking as well....but if you put more than 5 or so little children in a room, I get completely overwhelmed and flustered. I mean, I love little kids, but physiologically I can't handle it. I would have a panic attack, and if I had to do it day in and day out, it would basically be a non-stop panic attack, which is a lot like hell, I'd guess.

Aug 29, 07 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
guppy

eight o'clock pm...still working. At the site tomorrow (hour + with traffic) 7:00 am....Hell

Aug 29, 07 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
upside

door schedules for a 1000 room resort where the person who started didnt use a system that would allow new doors to be added to each floor without screwing up the entire thing.

'cept i already done that.

next hell?

Aug 29, 07 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

having all text in my life in comic sans CAPS!

Aug 29, 07 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
cityboy9

ok but really, these are great! wonderk, i like that the Q is loaded.... it leaves so much to the imagination of my fellow archinecters!

ps. love the ..more than 5 or so little children in a room... got a great visual about that!

Aug 30, 07 9:49 am  · 
 · 
postal

from the cadmonkey days....

every key is F1!!!

Aug 30, 07 10:02 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

on of my personal hells would be the culmination of all my biggets pet peaves...

being stuck behind a morbidly obese person who insists on walking down the middle of the hallway in a crowded suburban mall, I am walking past stores pumping 'todays hottest music' through their speakers while selling over priced slave labor made clothes to pompous, spoiled and self righteous teens with their parents in tow. Mean while ive already passed 3 cookie stores, a cell phone stall, a 'only seen on tv' shop, when i come upon a Christian souvenir store with Sunday services at 10am.

Aug 30, 07 10:08 am  · 
 · 
cityboy9

very thorough, lletdownl !

Aug 30, 07 10:16 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

calculus

Aug 30, 07 10:27 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

lletdownl's reminded me of one from a long-ago, ancient Tracey Ullman Show: "I have a fear that I'll be standing on a corner and a passing taxi door handle will snag one of my rings and I'll be dragged to my death in the street."

Aug 30, 07 10:31 am  · 
 · 
PodZilla

If AutoCAD was bought out by Informatix and all we had left was MicroGDS. I sometimes go home at night and do offsets, trims and explode plines just because I forget how it feels.

Aug 30, 07 10:54 am  · 
 · 
ripomatic

sand in my trousers is less than ideal

Aug 30, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 

being toilet guy...

Aug 30, 07 11:20 am  · 
 · 

i feel you wK... i was at a friend's baby shower last weekend and there were 6-7 kids running around in circles and hitting each other with balloons... i thought that i was going to have a panic attack...

Aug 30, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

ouch lletdown, sounds alot like real life at mall to me.

I once knew a man who was raised in a mall and he's the closest thing to the Devil i've ever met.

Aug 30, 07 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

My name spelled out in "Bank Gothic"

Aug 30, 07 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
postal

...but malls give us wonderful things like Build-A-Bear workshops and Sharper Images, and those stupid humour gift shops. Auntie Anne's Pretzyls and places where we can anything engraved or personalized. Not to mention the stores devoted to christmas ornaments year round!

ha...anyway... "raised in a mall"... this caught my attention, how so?

Aug 30, 07 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
postal

i should actually mention that i'm envisioning Tom Hanks in "The Terminal" right now...

· 
corbusier4eva

Where everything you touched turned to EFIS....

· 
Sarah Hamilton

Can I make a confession. I secretly want to build a bear. I realise its silly for me to pay twice the cost of a normal stuff bear, and have to do all the work myself, but it seems like fun. Maybe its the architect in me wanting to desing and control my very own toy. I'd like a place i can build my sandwhiches too, a place that has more options than my kitchen.

Aug 30, 07 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

my uperclassmen dorm room number this year is 666, does that count?

Aug 30, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

I've made teddy bears. It's fun. You can legitimately dress them up and give them names and have conversations with them if you make them yourself.

Aug 30, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

working in a corporate architecture office

Aug 30, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK, I confess. I kind of want to Build a Bear too. However, methinks that would put me somewhere close to my own personal hell.....as in, there are lots of little children in those stores. I'm just saying. Maybe we could have like an "adult swim" time where we could have an hour to build our own toys, no children to distract us.

Aug 30, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

i waited in one of those insanely long build-a-bear lines about six years ago in myrtle beach. i didn't see the whole point(the family wanted to do it)....

but i don't see the point in waiting forver, paying a lot, and doing all the work yourself. kind of reminds me of starbucks(we'll make you wait, and steal your wallet).

Aug 30, 07 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Androohy

MY HELL IS ASBP....................
PLEASE STOP ASBP-ing

Aug 31, 07 11:56 am  · 
 · 
Medusa

Hell is...

...being stuck in an eternal game of "stand on that line, fill out this form and then come back here" at any government office (DMV, Building Department, Immigration Office, City Clerk, etc.)

...Raleigh/Durham Airport. (I believe this was one of Dante's Circles of Hell, right after the one where you spend all eternity buried neck-deep in your own shit.)

Aug 31, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
e

hell is bad food, wine, beer, and liquors.

Aug 31, 07 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
obelix

I'm an introvert, so my hell is a cocktail party with 100 people from Sales.

Sep 2, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
rira

I hate making phone calls so my hell should be telemarketing ... but i've done that and it's actually not too bad.

soi dunno, maybe there is no hell?

Sep 3, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 
rira

wait no, crumbs on my desk

Sep 3, 07 11:00 am  · 
 · 
n_

My hell would be constant background music from the whiny-rock-n-roll-boy genre (Creed, Matchbox 20, Nickelback, etc).

I'd shot myself in minutes.

Sep 3, 07 11:32 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh shit...guess i'll remix that cd i made ya!!! :P

Sep 3, 07 11:44 am  · 
 · 
n_

Our online friendship may be over if you send me any Rob Thomas.

Sep 3, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

who's rob thomas?

Sep 3, 07 11:50 am  · 
 · 
n_

Wise answer.

He's the lead singer of Matchsuck 20. At least, I think that's his name.

Sep 3, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: