Archinect
anchor

feel like chinese for dinner?

cracker

We are in a cosy restaurant in a dark street in Beijing but my appetite seems to have gone for a stroll outside.

Nancy has brought out a whole selection of delicacies.

They are draped awkwardly across a huge platter, with a crocodile carved out of a carrot as the centrepiece.

Nestling beside the dog's penis are its clammy testicles, and beside that a giant salami-shaped object.

"Donkey," says Nancy. "Good for the skin..."

She guides me round the penis platter.

"Snake. Very potent. They have two penises each."

I did not know that.

Beijing's penis emporium

Aug 27, 07 9:56 pm

I'm so glad I no longer eat meat

Aug 27, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

the way Chinese believe that eating penis can enhance your virility is the same principles that we architect designing curvy organic form can affect the urban structure organically.

Aug 27, 07 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
binary

only fish here.....

sort of like havin' chin nuts

Aug 27, 07 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

moi...snooker makes the best Chinese....and you don't have to have a msg meal with it....

Aug 27, 07 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I think I'll stick to the roast pork & duck leg from my favorite place on Canal Street.

Aug 27, 07 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
MacRoen

As based in Shanghai, P.R.China I can assure you:
- Chinese food at home is definately not the same as here
- Chinese people eat everything that walk, crawl, swim or fly.....

Aug 28, 07 7:19 am  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

One freaky memory I have is walking through Wanchai in Hong Kong, during the snake festival (???) There is a small crowd gathered around a bloody pool on the sidewalk, and out of the corner of my eye, I see this guy skin a live snake in 5 seconds flat. Oh my god. I'm scarred for life.

Aug 30, 07 2:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: