Archinect
anchor

live/work!

stephanie

hello archinect!

i am soliciting your advice/reccommendations for completed live/work units. for some reason google isn't charming this morning, and my cranial catalogue is lacking precedents in this building type.

any help would be great!
thanks in advance....

s.

Aug 23, 07 10:50 am

SHoP has some live/work projects on their website, click around the 'projects' section.

Aug 23, 07 11:13 am  · 
 · 

... sorry, just looked again, I was getting mixed use confused with live/work.

Aug 23, 07 11:16 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

yeah, so, i guess i should clarify...by live/work i mean ground/street level office/work space that is connected to a loft or living space above.......THX!

Aug 23, 07 11:19 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra
lletdownl

there is actually a really nice live/work single family house done by a WilkinsonBlender right down the street from me in chicago. Its just been completed so im not completely sure if there are images available.
But they have renderings and a description of the project on their website under the "in progress" section. Its nice... very open, great renovation with a lot of green perks including a green roof and helical turbines on the roof. Its also been written up a few times... i found a few articles just by googling itWilkinson Blender

also right around the corner from me is a larger live/work development called urban sandbox... i cant find the architect, or if there is one... its done by ranquist development i guess... maybe they just do their own junk. Its all the same cookie cutter modern, but its definitely the lesser of many evils as far as housing developments go.

urban sand box bucktown

ranquist development

sorry its not more concrete information

Aug 23, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I like that, I like the options this building structure offer -- 3dh would deliver the exact interiours making a box structure into anything, but it could also intirely, present the same forms, everything can be made from an assembly framework anyway , that only mean that what you emagined can be made much thinner. I like the idea of a bigger structural framework and then accomodated this allowing for a shell of framework and structures, for floors and walls , rooms stairs everything, in 3dh , ---- what's good about that, is that 3dh ask a computer, you can't project with a structural 3dh framework without a computer . What else can justify scratching a few old way's , to do it much better cheaper and by all means digital , maybe that is what justify you can build light and heavy structures any size , also it is not bad, if new materials was invented it's a much better entry, than continue with outdated projecting just that method are easy , so are 3dh but that's clever.

Aug 23, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

BTW this is what Galleri Silver Screen develobed , --- it is nice when everything just work ; the spray, the light pictures , the screen --- the fence --- when projected light and the right preparation plus a bit 3dh, can suddenly stunn you, crazy but I like it ;

Aug 23, 07 2:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: