Archinect
anchor

shot in the dark/Q about paint

joe

I have started getting into a lot more stenciling and painting using spray paints, but am finding the paint color selection to be very limited, and very low quality here in pittsburgh...
short of ordering paint online at $20 bucks for two cans with shipping does anybody know where I can find good spray paint?

ie. montana, belton, etc... also other caps would be nice too. you should see peoples faces when I ask them. like I'm speaking in a foreign language or something.

the art stores around here generally suck so they dont have them. and there is only one other store that might know where to go, but I have to call tomorrow.

thanks guys

Aug 20, 07 12:03 am
binary
http://www.stencilrevolution.com/homepage.php

http://www.learngraffiti.net/home.htm

i might have some places to review somewhere in my bookmarks.... give me some time to dig

peep that site

Aug 20, 07 12:37 am  · 
 · 
joe

the second one had some cheap caps, so I might do that if I cant find any locally... and yeah that stencil rev. site is pretty cool... I found that one a while back to. I'm just trying to avoid shipping, as Im getting ready to start a few more canvases/panels so I need them quicker than ordering online/funds will allow.

Aug 20, 07 12:41 am  · 
 · 
binary

u need a thick paint... usually the rustoleum runs thick but dries a bit longer and you cant spray rustoleum over krylon or it will bubble.....

i posted a thread on another site to see if i can get some links for you...

b

Aug 20, 07 1:35 am  · 
 · 
joe

ha, so did I... I posted on two others as well
12ozprophet & bombing science.
its more about getting good colors... most of what I do is laying flat so running isnt too much of an issue, and also since I havent "ventured out" yet.

thanks for trying to help me out dude.

Aug 20, 07 1:41 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Where are you bombing in Pgh? Under the bridge in South Side?

Aug 20, 07 3:24 am  · 
 · 
joe

haha... naw, although there is some nice stuff over there. and along the bike path from downtown to oakland. there is actually decent stuff all over. just got to have the eye for it.
it blows my mind that people will scale the birmingham bridge to tag the cross beams... they walk all the way to the center and have at it. nuts.

Aug 20, 07 3:26 am  · 
 · 
garpike

There used to be this cool area on Baum near the tracks close to Morewood, but not Melwood. Different tracks a couple block apart. I used to work at Graffiti showcase next to the Lamborghinis.

Aug 20, 07 3:32 am  · 
 · 
joe

funny you mention that... thats like walking distance from where I live. lots of stuff down there. in the winter you can walk down the alley - gold way I guess - behind the pittsburgh filmakers and look up towards bigelow and see the whole wall bombed out all the way around to the bloomfield bridge and all over the place. piles of cans and shit everywhere. BUT you cant see 90% of it when its spring/summer.

then if you go down by the busway/road that goes down by the IC brewery there is a lot of stuff down there too. like I said, everywhere.

Aug 20, 07 3:39 am  · 
 · 
binary

i tried to venture into graff a bit but i cant run due to my bad knees so that sort of takes out the fun of it........haha

i know some heads here in detroit....... theres a few dope spots...i'll see if i can dig up the links for those too.....

b

Aug 20, 07 8:31 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I still challance with a much different pigment, light.
Graffiti work perfect with that , when trend is Silver/Alu spray --- trenc shift each second month and silver newer go out of fasion --- then this Alu spray deliver the exact same "SilverScreen" that not only reflect light the most exiting way, added a bit projected light grafitti ,esp the Aly spray ,realy are a natural extention of grafitti .....
montana, belton, I pay what would be around 5$ a can not 20.
And this is copenhagen.

Aug 20, 07 8:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: