Archinect
anchor

Elvis 30th anniv. tribute thread

obelix

Thank you, thank you very much.

Aug 18, 07 7:34 pm
jae

what a guy huh? without rock'n'roll i'd be a complete loser. i'd probably be in deisel mechanic school instead of architecture school. thank you, your highness.

Aug 18, 07 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i was drivin' to my job at arby's when i heard the news. i was drivin a 72 maverick grabber. we sang elvis songs all night and then i hooked up with my cute 16 year old girlfriend who also worked at arby's. good times.

Aug 18, 07 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
some person

What do you get when you re-arrange the letters in Elvis?

Aug 18, 07 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

LIVES.

and what we definitely need is...

a little less conversation, a little more action...

Aug 19, 07 2:00 am  · 
 · 

Elvis has left the building...thirty years ago.

Aug 19, 07 3:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

Elvis was king but he was no KiLlEr!!!

Aug 19, 07 6:45 am  · 
 · 

i was at a family reunion in fort worth texas - that was the year we got the wood cutouts of texas with the family name and the year wood-burned into the face of it. i think everybody in the texas side of the family had a huge cadillac and their houses all had white carpet. 'bad bad leroy brown' was on the radio constantly that week, until the news of elvis.

my parents had gone to see his last tour when it hit the hampton coliseum. they had been very disappointed.

the weird memories of a nine-year old.

Aug 19, 07 7:31 am  · 
 · 

I was on the train alone going from Florence back to Rome and a young (though slightly older than me) American couple in the same compartment asked:

"Hey, did you hear that Elvis Presley died?"
"No."
"It happened a week ago."
"Oh."

I was very uncomfortably hungover from too much drinking the night before at The Red Garter, and then falling asleep on some curb with an even more drunk roommate of our group. I specifically left Florence as early as possible to avoid traveling back to Rome with the excessive chatter of the rest of our group.

And 30 years ago today I fell asleep on the steps of Il Redentore (waiting till it opened) after the unplanned coincidence of reading page 42 (page 36 of 2nd edition) of Complexity and Contradiction in Architecture.

There's now a little plaque on the steps that says This spot is a supernal resting place.

Aug 19, 07 10:42 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

my mom went to see elvis with some of her girlfriends from work. it was during the fat elvis time and couldnt have been more than a year or two before he died. all she had to say was that the stupid people in front of her wouldnt sit down. it's only rock n roll mom.

Aug 19, 07 10:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: