Archinect
anchor

Jello or Creme Brulee?

corbusier4eva

Quoting that infamous 90s movie...

Jello - I work for a decent, mid sized corporate firm. Don't do anything too fancy, a bit wary of too much design because it isn't profitable. Really nice people, but I'm feeling more like a fish out of water with each passing week. Like slowly all the design energy is draining away...

Creme Brulee - A firm that does awesome architectural design, explores new technologies, gets published and wins awards, may not build as much and isn't as profitable, but has some really interesting, well detailed, (beautiful) buildings to show for it...

What would your choice be? Comfort food or 5 star dining? I'm having trouble deciding.

Aug 17, 07 10:36 am
Ms Beary

I work for the ice cream cone melting in the sun on a hot day.

Aug 17, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 
rozz

I work for the generic supermarket brand tapioca pudding...Counting down the days until my "evaluation period" is over so I can tell them to take the job and shove it.

Aug 17, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i work for a tiny but highly regarded consulting firm that is more of a...

Souffle aux Grand Marnier.

Aug 17, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i used to work for a really good gelato... nothing fancy like pomegranate but a delicious strawberry.

Aug 17, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

Jello just isn't doing it for me...

Jello is keen for me to go out and nuture a small office not doing so well in California. Sounds like a great opportunity, but...

Iill probably be creating more Jello, till i'm swimmin' in it. ugh.

Not exactly satisfying, when all I'd like is a littl' brulee. Or choux pastry profiteroles with chocolate glaze. I don't know...its a tough decision.

Aug 17, 07 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

$240 dollars worth of chocolate puddin...... awwwwww yeahhhhhhhh

Aug 17, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

you know me....when it comes to food, i defy categorization.

Aug 17, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

well, apparently it's not always chocolate, but the important thing here is to get all $240 worth.

Aug 17, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

what about coconut jello???

Aug 17, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

seems like tumbles would work at a jelloshot firm.

Aug 17, 07 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Clearly you folks have never had a gourmet hamburger, one that you can savour and could be eaten every week. Mind you sometimes the bun gets a little burned, the burger is a little over down and the condiments aren't all in the right place but it works, it satisfies, nourishes the soul and tastebuds, nice to have steak but settle for a gourmet burger anytime.

Sushi is good too, creative quick, challenging at times, fills you up but gets you thinking about other possibiiies.

Aug 17, 07 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

We are a Grand Marnier Ice cream kinda firm! Damn that stuff is addictive..

I went to lunch today at one of my spots when I'm on the road...cause they make killer grinders. I arrived at about
11:45 beating the rush hour cause I had left a building site and it was on the way to the home/office. The owner's name is Manfred, and I always get a deep belly roll when I hear his name. Well anyhow
his whole staff were dressed as the, "Village People." It was a riot!
He asked them what they wanted to do for fun, and an employee suggestion so he said lets go with it. Damn I love this Country for letting people be themselves.

I wish I had been there with a video camera, cause it was certainly,
"Sundance Film Festival" material.....now don't go stealing Manfred,
and his crews idea....cause it was fricking Great~

Aug 17, 07 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

...creme brullee, jell-0 has cow hoofs in it.

Aug 17, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

beta, that from a minnesotan? or do you not claim minnesotaness?

Aug 17, 07 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
binary

block of government cheese....best cheese sammich's evAr

Aug 17, 07 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

So on jello has nice people? I guess I am pretty mean...

Aug 17, 07 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
garpike
only

jello...

Aug 17, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

J-E-L-L-O!

Aug 20, 07 9:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: