Archinect
anchor

so...let's say you were sick of bein naked

conormac

I worked in with this enormous dude who used to put his enormous manfeet in flipflops up on the desk. I think you loose your flipflop privileges in cases like that. Also, sticking them out the window of your car. Utterly wrong.

On the flip side, I'm guessing Jason doesn't own any - your should get a pair dude it'll change your world !

anyway, that;s enuf about that outa me.

I'm a big fan of the retro specs as well.. love persols, total classics

Aug 26, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

[liberty bell contributed the following comments on the subject of flip-flops two summers ago. classic they were back then and classic they remain]

"flip flops are fine for the pool. But I shudder seeing people walk around in them in the city: between the broken glass, cigarette butts, dropped chicken bones, dogshit, puke, and greasy gutter puddles that don't ever drain away, I could never bring myself to wear open shoes on a city sidewalk. Yeeeech.

You guys that wear them in the city are braver than me."

Aug 26, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

I don't know - reading some of the above statements about man and/or smelly feet has left a little hurt. I know flip flops are not office appropriate - but I try that the remaining 50% of my life I'm dressed comfortably from the head down. Of course I'm still stylish - that's why I own nearly 10 pairs of flip flops. Also sometimes rubber thongs/jimmy jandals/flip flops/sandals aren't the ones to wear - hence why I have a few in leather

Aug 26, 07 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

tumbleweed.

thanks for that...i found that site and it's more or less what i'm looking
for...although i've never bought anything from there...you?

i'm also looking for some stuff that's a bit more underground..
like skater t's...one of a kind silk screened stuff.

Aug 26, 07 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the prob with that site is that the suits are like a 38 short. there's never a 43 long in there, at least that i can find.

Aug 26, 07 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I have owned plenty of flip flops...oddly enough, they are not a new invention.

Aug 26, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
AP

lars, i've been shopping at the union square market the last couple of weekends. there are a few young artists out there selling their custom t-shirt designs for $20-30 a piece...usually screen printed on American Apparel t's.

also, aren't there a couple "young designer's" clothing stores in soho? i have no clue how expensive they are...but i can't imagine they're as much as that Paul Smith stuff. i don't have enough money to drop $300-400 on a button-up shirt, no matter how nice or well made...i have $25 jeans from high school that i still wear...and my favorite casual shirts are from second-hand stores and cost around $20 each...

Aug 26, 07 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
brer

Bluefly is reputable, i've purchased from them before.

www.yoox.com for other "designer" stuff.

www.sierratradingpost.com for more traditional stuff.

You might check www.styleforum.net and do a search in the "streetwear & denim" subforum for what you're looking for.

Aug 27, 07 1:19 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

farmer, thanks for wading through the archives (hopefully in hip boots, not flip flops) looking for that post!

architechno, given your location, I'm thinking flipflops are not only appropriate but practically compulsory, and I think that's good.

AP, excellent advice re: Union Square Market. Straight from the source!

Aug 27, 07 8:59 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Also, re: T-shirts, these look pretty cool and you'd be supporting an Archinect advertiser - 2 for 1!

Aug 27, 07 9:01 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i wore a suit and tie to work. i was asked if i had a job interview before i made it past the receptionist...

Aug 27, 07 9:17 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

So do you?!

Aug 27, 07 9:21 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I have been screenprinting for over 15 years...it is not hard...get your own setup lars...print your own tees.

Aug 27, 07 9:35 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

there's one interview i been trying to get. but it keeps getting postponed. :(

Aug 27, 07 9:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: