Archinect
anchor

What brought you to Archinect?

some person

hrmm... my name is Michelle - do I know you, difficult FIX? :)

I had bookmarked this site a few years ago (back in the 'pimpin' days) but was drawn to it a year and a half ago after I quit my last job and was searching for information on perspective new firms to work for.

Aug 7, 07 9:47 pm  · 
 · 

while the original question didn't really set the tone for this, it seems some of us have treated this as a place for confessions/admissions.

my name is steven and i'm an archinector.

Aug 7, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Hi,
I'm treekiller and I'm an archinecteur.
Hi treekiller...

Somedays, I can't stop posting - I feel so empty without constantly refreshing the forums page or contributing a few inanities to the latest thread. *sniff*

So I've been lurking since post 9-11 when I was desperate for a new job (thanks jobs postings). in grad school, archinect kept my sanity but I never had time to do more then read a few threads. It took till 2006 for my habit to be fully formed.

Let that be a lesson for all you lurkers, archinect is addictive!

Aug 7, 07 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

DCA,

Maybe are you HOT?

Aug 7, 07 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Travis Woodward

I was looking for architect salaries.

Aug 8, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
apocalipstick

same as rob(E)

Aug 8, 07 10:57 am  · 
 · 
dedubs

A friend sent me a link to the Student Works: Jimenez Lai article, and lurked until getting a school blog. Then I lurked some more.

Aug 8, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

seems FIX gor the FIX he was looking for....

Aug 8, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
some person

difficult FIX: Aren't all female architects?

...and I'm married, btw.

Aug 8, 07 9:35 pm  · 
 · 

Fall 2005: I went on Archinect to look for a job - and ended up working at Archinect. D'oh!

Aug 8, 07 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Nobody wants to be a junkie... it just happens

Aug 8, 07 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
dddlll

the babes

Aug 15, 07 2:58 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

monkeyboy told me about it. Thanks, monkeyboy!

Aug 15, 07 3:14 am  · 
 · 
sunsetsam

I wanted to know what arch students were going through and their acceptance to schools. I googled and googled, and found archinect.

Aug 15, 07 6:33 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

I stumbled across this place when I was nearing the completion of my BArch and spending more time job hunting than working on my thesis project. When I didn't instantly get a job offer with NBA style signing bonus I got cynical and found many alike pissed off people here. The habbit got fully formed when I learned architects are paid shit and this was much cheaper than actually having a life.

Aug 15, 07 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

less authoritarianism commonly found in the moderators and admins of other forums who abuse their power

Aug 15, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

more professional and development oriented
and with a space for debate on sustainability
a clear recognition of resistance to fascism

Aug 15, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.

the promise of gossip

Aug 15, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

I was looking for information on how female and minority architects fared in the business, and I found this site.

Aug 20, 07 9:15 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"less authoritarianism commonly found in the moderators and admins of other forums who abuse their power"

How do you know, experience ?

Aug 20, 07 9:25 am  · 
 · 
boxy

I was interested in a new and exciting modeling program and luckily I was introduced to 3DH

Aug 20, 07 9:50 am  · 
 · 
john bender

i think it was a search engine... i really can't remember

Aug 20, 07 9:59 am  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

oh, yeah, and I was looking for info on that adorable white-haired architect in NYC :)

Aug 20, 07 10:02 am  · 
 · 

I just like giving architects more heartburn.

Aug 20, 07 11:21 am  · 
 · 
john bender

god i hate heartburn,
and this acid reflux. drinking needs to subside.

Aug 20, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: