Archinect
anchor

Koolhaas & Eisenman Discuss “Urgency” at the CCA

vado retro

well buy some land in properly zoned area, buy a couple of preengineered buildings and start messin with em. and then lease em out to machine shops and light manufacturing etc.

Aug 13, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

well buy some land in properly zoned area, buy a couple of preengineered buildings and start messin with em. and then lease em out to machine shops and light manufacturing etc.

Aug 13, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

that's one possibility. i think there are many more.

Aug 13, 07 11:10 am  · 
 · 

as david byrne says in the architecture segment of 'true stories': (paraphrase) 'these buildings can be anything. just hang a different sign on 'em.'

Aug 13, 07 11:17 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i would hope for something more than a venturi rehash. byrne, the vitruvian postmodern man himself.

Aug 13, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 

well, it should be said that it was sort of tongue-in-cheek (or maybe serious? always hard to tell with byrne) and that it was about rural texas and that it was about 1986. it's just the mental image i got from vado's comment.

Aug 13, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 

he was driving around in an aries k-car with a white hat, for pete's sake.

Aug 13, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
cf

David Byrne?

What did Jimi Hendrix say, Spanish Castle Magic?

Aug 13, 07 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
the righteous fist

so the "market economy happened, replacing all former values and erasing almost all ideology over the entire world", yet the profession still chides itself for being unable to "overcome market pressures", does that then make us agents of erasure or resistance? is the overcoming to be accomplished by a genius or is it more of a group effort? what will it achieve? are we reducing our dependency on the attention economy or just deferring our moment in the limelight? would overcoming default to heroism? sounds like we're set up for a utopian addiction. time to fail.

Aug 13, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: