Archinect
anchor

so i think i'm going to start smoking crack

mightylittle™

i can't seem to concentrate at work. i feel overly distracted and my work is suffering from it.

i could really use a couple of days/nights in a row where i work really hard, straight through, and do nothing but pump cad and smoke rock.

does this seem like a workable thing to do?

you studio/grad school guys have probably done many an all-nighter...well, i'm about to set off on an all-weeker.

crack rock...will you be my valentine?

Jul 24, 07 7:03 pm
RAArch
http://www.virtualcrack.com/
Jul 24, 07 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

the picture you have posted is uncut cocaine, not crack...crack looks like a bunch of little rocks, not powder clumped together...

'cocaine is a hell of a drug'

-rick james

Jul 24, 07 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

if you want to concentrate, don't smoke crack.

'crack is wack'
-Whitney Houston

Jul 24, 07 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

true enuff', but it's more recognizable than this:

Jul 24, 07 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

cocaine only lasts for an hour or so...methamphetamine lasts for 8+ hours

Jul 24, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

oh man, I really hope this doesn't turn into a "yay tweeking" thread.

Jul 24, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

err 'tweaking'

Jul 24, 07 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
binary

smoke crack to lose weight....and your teeth...and your house....welcome to detroit......blame it on the 80's crack epademic....

can always chew on coffee beans........

GOT CRACK?

Jul 24, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i had heard it was a great way to trim down one's possessions...

Jul 24, 07 7:24 pm  · 
1  · 
grid

i love skid row! that's the first place i take someone that has not been to LA before.

Jul 24, 07 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

skid row at night during winter is the best...you'll see trash can and rubber tire bonfires

Jul 24, 07 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

mightylittle

that looks like parmesean cheese

Jul 24, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

that would explain quite a bit...i haven't been able to eat anything but this smokable parmesan cheese i bought downtown.

Jul 24, 07 7:41 pm  · 
1  · 
rfuller

Crack is so 80's. Meth is what's happenin' now. And its a lot more addictive/lucrative. With Meth you have virtually no overhead, as opposed to crack where you have all that expensive blow to buy.

Jul 24, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

sure - but meth has no panache whatsoever other than white trash kids and their mules buying cough syrup by the case.

now CRACK on the other hand...it's like, you know...CRACK. way cooler to he hooked on rock than meth.

Jul 24, 07 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
markbatty

How much you got to lose?. Do you have anyone who depends on you?

Feb 25, 21 2:58 pm  · 
markbatty

Because you will lose everything and nobody will be able to depend upon you in a short time.

Feb 25, 21 2:59 pm  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

mark, how's your supply? Kinda low?

Feb 25, 21 3:55 pm  · 
2  · 
rfuller

Fergie is a recovering meth addict.

And who wants something that's simple to make, like crack?
blow
baking soda
water

When you can have something sophisticated like meth
* 1 Case Regular Pint size Mason Jars ( Used for canning)
* 2 Boxes Contact 12 hour time released tablets.
* 3 Bottles of Heet.
* 4 feet of surgical tubing.
* 1 Bottle of Rubbing Alchohol.
* 1 Gallon Muriatic Acid ( Used for cleaning concrete)
* 1 Gallon of Coleman's Fuel
* 1 Gallon of Aceton
* 1 Pack of Coffee Filters
* 1 Electric Skillet ( If you don't know what iam talking about i will have pics later)
* 4 Bottles Iodine Tincture 2% (don't get the declorized it won't work)
* 2 Bottles of Hydrogen peroxide
* 3 20 0z Coke Bottles (Plastic type)(with Lids/caps)
* 1 Can Red Devils Lye
* 1 Pair of sharp scissors
* 4 Boxes Book Matches (try to get the ones with brown/red striker pads)
* 1 pyrodex baking dish
* 1 Box execto razor blades single sided
* 1 digital scale that reads grams
* 2 gallons distilled water \
* 1 Roll Aluminum foil tape

Jul 24, 07 8:17 pm  · 
1  · 
mightylittle™
Fergie is a recovering meth addict.

i rest my case.

Jul 24, 07 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

So I ran into an ex-girlfriend of mine this morning at a coffee shop. We were getting caught up, and she told me she's a substance abuse councilor. I had to ask her about the crack vs. meth with architecture debate we had going on here.

She said that meth is clearly the better choice for multiple reasons. First off, new meth addicts tend to clean a lot. She said its not uncommon for them to obsess over grout lines, which they tend to scrub with toothbrushes. So, she said, this leads her to believe there is obviously an improvement in work ethic with meth use. Then she said after a few months of the cleaning, they will get bored with it and convince themselves that their house is clean. That's when the redecorating occurs. She said just yesterday she was called out to a case where this girl has been using meth, and has started creating these theme rooms in her house. In her son's bedroom she had nailed tree branches from her backyard all over the walls. It was a jungle themed room. This lead her to believe that meth helps people design more creatively. And what better way to end up on HGTV than "bringing the outdoors in"...literally.

So that's the substance abuse councilor's point of view on Architects using meth.

Jul 28, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Architecture and meth.

I read a news story a couple of years ago about two or three meth addicts who literally moved an entire house - brick by brick! - over several days or weeks. For no reason that I can remember. Meth seems to certainly motivate some people in really weird ways, at least for the first little while.

Jul 28, 07 2:19 pm  · 
 · 

drugs have a way of motivating people - with the exception of good ol' high grade/skunk/sensi/pot/ganja/weed

Jul 28, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
binary

give meth to construction workers....... maybe shyt will get done faster/better...haha......

Jul 28, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

shit, back when i was a chef, i used to scrub grout lines with toothbrushes just to keep shit clean. not 'cuz i was high on meth.

i think meth would be a bad choice in this instance, because you'd end up obsessing over the most tiny detail on some back page of the set, instead of focusing on the bigger picture.

crack rock keeps you holistic.

Jul 28, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

*bump*

So today I finally confirmed that a friend of mine is a heroine addict. How the hell do you have time/money to do well in Architecture school and do heroine? And why heroine? It blows my mind. Its incredibly sad, too. He's such a cool guy, but my god has he ever been falling apart lately. Its hard to watch to say the least. Every part of me just wants to slap the shit out of him and send him to rehab. I just don't have any money, and I'm afraid confronting him won't change him. It would only push him away.

Drugs are wack, dude. Fuck drugs, dude. That game sucks.

Oct 31, 07 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
binary

knock his ass out and drag him to the clinic....if you care for his/her ass.....

i was talking to this one girl for a few months.... anyways we were getting close but then i sort of figured out she would get wasted and all fucked up on the weekends and try some "nose candy" here and there..wtf.... shes a school teacher and has 2 daughters...wtf.... so i told her off and said that i wont talk to ther until she figure this shit out...seriously..... she's been doing alright..slowly..but i keep getting on her ass and since i see her out and about, i keep and eye on her...

drugs are bad....very bad...ummmkay

b

Nov 1, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I don't like that blanket statement. Aside from a few drinks every couple of weeks and my daily coffee requirement, I don't do any drugs.

However, lots of people do, and they do just fine. What you choose to put in YOUR body does not bother me, so long as you're not hurting anybody. My g/f used to be an addictions counselor, and her clients ranged from the homeless/mentally ill, to housewives and lawyers, the large majority of whom held down jobs with no problem. Like the heroin-using student mentioned above, some people can function relatively well on all sorts of substances. The RISK that drugs get in the way of real life, however, is always there, and many people can't handle both for long.

The design studio -student-dealer in my 3rd and 4th years (mostly weed, hash, etc) was high all the time, and he literally got by FAR the best job out of school, because he still worked fairly hard and has talent. He placed 2nd in the most prestigious student industrial design competition in the world. He now works in Berlin, and I'm sure he still gets high every day.

Me, I couldn't do any of that. I'm perpetually tired, for sure, but life is hard and that's fine with me.

Nov 1, 07 12:57 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

yeah, but you can kick pot without the aid of an addictions councilor/rehab facility. They don't really have a heroine patch you can pick up at the local drugstore. I also haven't heard of nearly as many deaths by marijuana OD. I can think of several who have done it with heroine.

Nov 1, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 
binary

weed isnt an issue...people tend to mellow out when they smoke it....but lets say alcohol for an example. people get drunk...drive....fight....abuse..etc.....but alcohol is still legal cause the government can regulate it.......

then you have the hard stuff that people OD on.....it not like there a warning/etc before you kick the bucket.....

b

Nov 1, 07 1:30 am  · 
 · 
jjh

not that i haven't experimented with my share of drugs (BTW LCD is the best drug to do while in architecture school), but i would recommend no one give meth a shot. never had done the drug, but my ex-girlfriend fucked her life up on that drug in six months. she graduated from art school with no debt and a new car (mom and dad were loaded - yeah they paid for my masters as well) and six months later - after breaking up with me during my thesis - she was homeless. i dated this girl for seven years and after a few months on that drug i had no idea who she was. blew my mind. the only way she cleaned up is that she got pregnant from the dude who was dealing that shit to her. yeah, i thought for sure i was going to end up on the jerry springer show for a while after that one.

Nov 1, 07 2:16 am  · 
 · 
binary

fuck......

i had a nice ex-girl get knocked up by an older guy...... and took her 2 months to tell me......

meth/herion i think are the worst....and crack.....

a good friend of mine got hooked on that crack shit and messed up his hip hop career....i'm sure the heads prolly know him if i mention his name...but.......

i was always afraid of addiction...so i never tried any thing...... had some jim beam when i was 15...but that was the end of that......

sometimes you just have to slap a person to help them wake up.....

b

Nov 1, 07 2:34 am  · 
 · 
grid

here is some bad crack news - check the link in the first post... (warning, not suitable for work)

http://www.yayhooray.com/thread/130731/Crack-is-Whack

also, anyone want to invite me to yayhooray?

Nov 1, 07 3:47 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I wouldn't suggest ingesting LCD, as jjh recommends. I hear there's all sorts of weird chemicals in that shit. I know the prices of electronics are cheaper than they've ever been, but it's still expensive and time-consuming to have to grind down that old computer monitor.

Nov 1, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i have a friend who was addicted to meth. she ended up getting arrested several times, and she got shot.

stay away

Nov 1, 07 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
jjh

weird chemicals in LSD? how can something smaller than your fingernail hurt you? if you are at all concerned about what is in your drugs you shouldn't be doing them - unless you are buying your cocaine by the kilo it gets stepped on plenty of times before you buy your eight ball. i will bet you "safe" ingredients aren't mixed in to make weight. if you really want to get scared read the back of a shampoo bottle - and my professors were concerned about me casting resin models while i was in school.

Nov 1, 07 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
binary

theres alot of shyt in foods/products these days...i try to stay away from processed foods and toxic soaps/etc.....

people wonder why they are always sick.... cause of the companies.... too much pollution in the products and cause skin rashes/etc...

b

Nov 1, 07 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Yeah I wish I could convince my wife that Papa John doesn't give a shit about her health or well being...Even if his name is Papa.

Nov 1, 07 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
bronson, architect/assassin

rfuller- heroin is a maintenance drug, you get addicted because when the drug starts to leave the system you get physically sick, flu-like, aches, (William S. Burroughs called them Tangerian bone-grindings); so I think the reason your friend can sustain, for now, with his work is because he has enough money ($=drugs) and though heroin causes one to 'nod out' constantly, like a semi-conscious daydream/sleep-state, he probably has something to balance him out in order to get work done.
everyone knows junkies have the best coke.
and its not so obvious to those around him because he can operate on the drug, its only when he hasn't used in a day or two that he gets dope-sick and agitated.
eventually he will run out of money, and luck.

as for crack+studio: impossible. crackheads smoke and smoke until they can't smoke anymore...then they go get some more. crack should be called 'more' -"want to get some more?" you can't just pick up a 20-piece on the way to studio. unless you can lock the bathroom you're smoking in. and when you finally emerge from the depths of whatever mental/physical space you've hidden yourself, the last thing you're going to want to do is studio shit.

obviously, the original thread topic was a joke, i fell for it.

don't smoke crack.

Nov 1, 07 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
bronson, architect/assassin

for those wondering.............about 550 days clean and sober.

Nov 1, 07 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

jjh so are you saying that its perfectly okay to drop acid?

Nov 2, 07 10:31 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

Ive herd LSD is fun!!!

Marijuana leads to construction............

Nov 3, 07 12:03 am  · 
 · 
proto

i live in a legal state & have never tried weed in my 49yrs

Apr 30, 20 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

You should try it

Apr 30, 20 11:12 pm  · 
1  · 
bowling_ball

Well this is the best dead thread resurrection I've ever seen here. 

Apr 30, 20 9:24 pm  · 
3  · 
Haha Hadude

agreed haha

Apr 30, 20 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

I'd love to get an update on the crack smoking after 14 years

Jun 29, 21 5:48 pm  · 
1  · 
bofillintheblank

Crackhead probably pays more. 

Jun 29, 21 2:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: