Archinect
anchor

interview in view view me questions

lsobol

Everything is happening!

Thought I'd ask the experienced crowd what some of the essential interview questions are to ask potential employers, what were your best interview moments, what were the questions that ignited the most discussion, interest from potential employers in your experience?

Jul 21, 07 10:01 am
KEG

your title made my brain hurt this early in the morning (why am I up before 10 on a Saturday?).

I wish there was a way to ask potential employers "Are you an asshole?" or "do you yell at and degrade your employees?" in an appropriate manner. Thus far I haven't found a good way to say it.

Jul 21, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Read this out loud:

Jul 21, 07 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

ouch.

my brain.

Jul 21, 07 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
archie

What kind of projects would I be working on, and what would my role be?

Don't ask about pay and benefits- they should bring it up. If they don't, wait until the end and ask in a generic way, " Can you tell me about your compensations plan?"

The questions will be tied to what you want out of the job. For example, if you are an intern, ask them what the typical intern experience is in the office, do they have a program for intern developement, has anyone ever mentored an intern thru the IDP program, etc.

Ask them about the work environment, keep it open ended. "How would you describe the work environment in the office?"

"tell me about some of your employees who have been with you for a while." How they describe them (fondly, techinically, with enthusiasm, proud of how they have grown, etc) will tell you a lot about the person and the firm.

" Describe your ideal employee" same idea

Jul 21, 07 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
digger

archie - those are great questions

Jul 21, 07 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
lsobol

archie: thank you!

Jul 21, 07 10:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: