Archinect
anchor

Emerson?

dekrpto

newbie. I've been reading the essays of Emerson this summer and wanted to ask anyone with knowledge, what they think of Transdentalism as an architectural concept?

Jul 16, 07 11:47 pm
vado retro

i;m a melvillian masself.

Jul 16, 07 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

"I would prefer not to."

Jul 17, 07 12:26 am  · 
 · 
dekrpto

why for the lack of Reason?

Jul 17, 07 12:32 am  · 
 · 
cf

Is it necessary for other individuals to intuit other worlds in your archutectural design? What is/are the "architectural" mechanism(s) that conjur the individual intuitional worlds? What are these individual intuitional worlds if they are at all?

Is it necessary or foolish to travel? What does it mean to travel?

Jul 17, 07 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
brickhouse

Showing the best and dividing it from the worst age vexes age,
Knowing the perfect fitness and equanimity of things, while they
discuss I am silent, and go bathe and admire myself.

Jul 17, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
grid

every time i open this i think it's going to be about emerson tile

Jul 17, 07 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
cf

Don't flatter yourself brikhus. You are perfect and really, really know.

Jul 17, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
db

you should check out the essays of poet William Bronk, all found in the collected volume Vectors and Smoothable Curves. One series of essays called The Brother in Elysium focuses on Thoreau, Whitman, and Melville. However, another set of essays called The New World focuses on (transcendental) readings of ancient Mayan and Incan sites. The best of these is "The Occupation of Space -- Palenque." Really interesting stuff.

Jul 19, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: