Archinect
anchor

Any architects twittering?

Jimmy Stamp

I've been hearing a lot about "Twitter" lately. In an effort to explore all things web 2.0, I signed up...but i don't get it.

Are there any other architects/interns "twittering" out there?
Would anyone be interested in starting up an architecture-related twitter group?

Jul 11, 07 10:52 pm
Apurimac

just what do they do exactly?

Jul 11, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

i haven't heard of twitter...

...and when you talk about web 2.0 are you refering to the framework or something else?

Jul 11, 07 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
a-f

Twitter can be explained by this diagram - "The history of cat blogging":

Jul 12, 07 3:08 am  · 
 · 

Follow the edge-of-your seat drama, step by step here: link

... not likely to find too much about architecture, but it is fun as a pipeline. I can send a text message from my phone while I'm out and it'll show up on the internets. Cool!

Jul 12, 07 10:19 am  · 
 · 
Jimmy Stamp

wait...so I have to get a cat?
damn internets.

I tried it out a little last night and I'm stumped. I'm not sure it's for me.
It seems like a great way to keep up with the day-to-day activities of your friends, but my friends don't use it. beyond that, I don't know.

Experiment failed. for now.

Jul 12, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 
KEG

do you bring mies to work, tumbles?

lucky!

Jul 12, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
whitllam

It seems like most Twitter users are the self-proclaimed geek type (myself included), who find this kind of indirect communication interesting - it's almost like away messages for IM, but it's much more flexible in that you can use it via text messaging (or if you have an iPhone, you can use PocketTweets.

Jul 13, 07 3:45 am  · 
 · 

check out the article about it in the july wired:
http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/magazine/15-07/st_thompson

i was going to ask why the hell anyone would find this interesting or useful, but then i read their take on it last night and got more intrigued at its possibilities.

...and i've followed clive thompson for a long time now and he's usually got a pretty accurate read on 'potential'.

Jul 13, 07 7:37 am  · 
 · 

Funny I started reading this thinking it was about some architect - isn't there an architect called Stanley Twitter?

Jul 13, 07 8:12 am  · 
 · 
Jimmy Stamp

I've realized what it's good for. integrating into a blog or webpage for live updates. I'm working on adding some content to my page and i think Twitter updates will make a nice addition.

at least until the novelty wears off.

Jul 23, 07 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
n_

My left eyelid twitters whenever I get super stressed.

Does that count?

Jul 23, 07 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Come on folks ... I'm trying to add people to my Twitterstream.

My Twitter id is: enriqueramirez.

Mar 13, 08 11:10 am  · 
 · 
modernmonk

whom do you follow?

Mar 13, 08 11:24 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

You guys have to see this guy's Twitterstream. It's hilarious. Make sure you swallow any beverages first.

http://twitter.com/fireland

Mar 25, 08 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Any more twitterers? I am in the process of setting up now for a new and unique purpose...

Jun 14, 09 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

OMG WK - that is hilarious!! And talk about late.

Jimmy where's your twitter?

Jun 14, 09 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Follow me on Twitter as I jump on the ledge.

Jun 14, 09 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

I have been finding Geoff Manaugh's tweets from Rome and Turin to be quite interesting

Jun 14, 09 10:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: