Archinect
anchor

Application response time?

RoboDesign

Does anyone know on average how long it takes a firm to respond to or view applications from the time a job listing was posted? I.E. days, weeks, months? Or is it different for every firm?

Nov 1, 12 8:38 pm

Different for each firm, and each office, SOM New York may take a month while LA may have decided already

Nov 2, 12 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
jurysdykcja

More like months. Especially with the end of the year, there is a big chance they are looking for someone from January. But if you are good, they often inform you about that instantly, and then just ask you to wait a bit more, so they can evaluate other candidates. 

Nov 3, 12 12:11 pm  · 
 · 

Its really all over the place. Some took 2-3 months, a couple of others got back to me the same day I sent over my resume and portfolio. A lot of it depends on if they are actively looking for someone. With the firm where I work now, I had sent in my stuff a month before they posted a job notice, then again when they posted it...and they asked me to come in, if I'm remembering correctly, a day or two after. Two interviews later, I had the job. 

Nov 3, 12 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
thakopian

A week usually. If they are trying to recruit people soon then they will contact candidates soon enough. Some larger firms can take a month or they just keep rolling an open position until it's filled.

Nov 3, 12 4:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: