Archinect
anchor

Construction Admin Software for Mac

bmain

Hi all, hopefully you could all help me out with this one.  My office (a mac-based firm) is looking to switch our construction admin software (for logging RFIs/submittals, creating PRs, generating transmittals, etc).  The program we currently use (archstreet portfolio) is very simple, however has not been updated in many years and does not run on any of our newer computers (it's still a powerpc based program and is not going to be updated).  We don't necessarily need anything super fancy like archioffice (though we have looked at that as an option) or newforma (that doesn't run on macs), but just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone has any suggestions as to programs that their company uses that work well to consider.  I've researched a bunch, but thought it never hurts to ask in case i'm missing anything.  Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Oct 19, 12 11:56 am

why not use a web based service? the one i'm tinkering with (snapca.com) is free right now. there's also quite a few others. 

personally, i'm more a fan of the web based ones vs. dedicated apps. the ones which have a dedicated app with a web based service (like the old vela) are also really good. 

Oct 19, 12 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
bmain

i'm completely fine with a web-based one, in fact, that's certainly where we're heading.  i just know that some of the even web based ones have app components and what not.  I've been looking at RForm and submittal exchange as web-based options.  i'll look into that one, thanks!

Oct 19, 12 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

best CA software for a mac is windows.

dumb noub.

Oct 19, 12 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
JeremiahG

I highly recommend rform.ca

It's an internet based contract admin software, based out of Canada but would be suitable for anywhere in North America. You can customize the terms on all the forms (change orders, RFIs, etc.), do online approvals (Owner), submittal tracking, ftp upload, etc.

Really nicely done. Pricing is on a per project basis.

Apr 26, 13 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
jcr

Forgive me if I digress from Mac to Pc. The firm I am with is using UDA ( a PC based program). Has anyone had any experience with this program? Should I learn it or should I talk the boss into using something else. He's already purchased UDA & is reluctant to switch to another program.

Thanks for your input!

Apr 28, 13 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: