Archinect
anchor

Open House New York

dedubs

"openhousenewyork weekend, America's largest architect and design event, opens doors throughout New York City each October. In 2007, the 5th Annual openhousenewyork Weekend will be held October 6 & 7.

Mark your calendars to explore boardrooms to bedrooms, crypts to clubs, factories to firehouses, lighthouses to lookouts, monuments to mansions, skyscrapers to substations, and so much more! Discover new neighborhoods, explore with friends and family, and experience New York City's architecture and design in all five boroughs."

Does anyone know about this? Has anyone been to any of the events? This looks very interesting..

www.ohny.org

Jun 16, 07 11:10 pm
dedubs

anyone?

Jun 18, 07 12:18 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I've never done it and don't know anything about it, but it looks interesting. Be sure to bump this thread closer to October.

Jun 18, 07 12:24 am  · 
 · 
bfunk

yeah! its awesome.

i went in Fall '05 to see several behind the scene/back of house specials on the UWS.
the hardest part is picking and choosing between the possibilities!

enjoy yourself.

Jun 18, 07 12:27 am  · 
 · 
Trevor

Hello, first post here. OHNY is fantastic! I've been the last 2 years, and I even volunteered last year. I would highly suggest becoming a volunteer for this event for those in the NYC area. You basically get placed at one of the sites and help out for only 4 hours, then you get to skip all the lines at any site for the rest of the weekend! highly recommended.

Jun 19, 07 10:30 am  · 
 · 
dedubs

The insert should of been in Friday's NYT, or this upcoming Wednesday's. Anyone planning on checking stuff out? I'm scheduled to volunteer at the Perkins + Will site by Union Square. Should be exciting.

Sep 29, 07 11:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: