Archinect
anchor

Working Age

christophw

Hi, recently I worked in one of the famous (sic!) Rotterdam offices and was wondering about the average age there: more or less 27. Say – where are all the “older” architects ending? What's the age in other "starchitects" practices?

Jun 14, 07 6:20 am
b3tadine[sutures]

i bet it looked like this -

DAMN you REM!

Jun 14, 07 7:03 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

oopsy

Jun 14, 07 7:04 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

those interns look happy...

Jun 14, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

smile damnit. Or you won't get your lump of coal today

Jun 14, 07 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

that guy has a nice smile. they must have a good dental plan.

Jun 14, 07 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

this news is just breaking from Holland...just so everyone knows, i called REM aboot the guy in the back not smiling, he said it has been taken care of...back to your regular scheduled mdlering.

Jun 14, 07 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
MacRoen

Where did you work and for how long? As an intern?

Jun 14, 07 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
christophw

No it wasn't Rem. (but quite close) My question was not about the paying or insurance issues. I was just wondering if it is also elsewhere a common practice to have a "under 30 years" stuff in offices...

Jun 17, 07 6:26 am  · 
 · 
harold

In the netherlands, if you are over 30 you are considered old.

Jun 18, 07 2:29 pm  · 
 · 

thanks harold! i didnt need to hear that - i'm 35 (and yes clearly i am one of the older staff members in the office)

Jun 18, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
MacRoen

Older architects can't cope after a while with the low pay, long hours. As everybody else they want a Starchitect on their resume. They go their own way with the experience of a great office.

But what is the secrecy? You worked for UN studio, Neutelings Riedijk, West 8, etc etc...? Which one?

Jun 19, 07 2:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: