Archinect
anchor

Color Printer for Portfolio

OnPui

Does anyone know any good color printer in the market now? I need one which can produce good portfolio quality. I'm looking for a job now, and would like my images to look sharp and sexy..
thanks.

Jun 4, 07 6:19 pm
w3

There are several discussions on this already - I'd just do a search for printers and go from there.
Personally, I've had good experience w/ epson printers. That said - I think that good paper can allow a pretty cheap printer do wonders. I've used epson paper & red river paper w/ great results.

Jun 4, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
ryjny27

i prefer laser printers. they are no that expensive , and they last longer than a regular printer...the quality of images and text is nice and looks vivid....

Jun 4, 07 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
dedubs

whatever you do, don't go to kinko's

Jun 5, 07 1:14 am  · 
 · 
Urbanist

I just got a Canon 530 inkjet... cheap ($169), fast, can be used as a scanner, copier and a fax machine.. and it's full duplex (automated two sided printing)

...agree with w3, the paper makes all the difference, though. If you don't need duplex, just get any $80 photo printer

Jun 5, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i 2nd epson. used a friends recently for my job search portfolio...and i have a job now, so epson gets my vote.

Jun 5, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

I've got an Epson RX700 that's been working out great for me. Only 8.5x11, but does full bleed, scanning, and also prints directly to cds which gives my digital portfolios an extra nice look.

Jun 5, 07 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
noci

the HP B9180 is really good. if you're into photography, you can justify its price tag. :) pigment ink rules.

Jun 5, 07 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
postal

lulu.com

Jun 5, 07 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

i always go to the professional printers, nice and cheap. and i wouldn't invest my money on colour printers since i rarely use it for presentation. For daily work, mine is an epsonc79 a4 colour printer cost US$45.00.

Jun 5, 07 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
http://www.blurb.com

(similar to lulu.com)

Jul 21, 07 4:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: