Archinect
anchor

Handwriting

mdler

the fact that I am writing love letters on the back of a window schedule....

Jun 4, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

...tumbleweed...
i exclusively use those toothbrushes! it started out by just being charmed that they are made, but then i learned that i like the way it fits in my hand, and i like the large head!
then i learned that they received a design award...i think?

Jun 4, 07 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball
Jun 4, 07 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

this is one of those fun threads. I'm loving it. The coolest thing is seeing WK's hand writing before my postcard arrives. Yiipppee!

Pity I can't show my scrall (otherwise referred to as my chicken scratches) - i will attempt to when i get to the office. Anyone fancy a personal message?

Jun 4, 07 7:24 pm  · 
 · 

for the lefties I love...

from a righty (somtimes)

Jun 4, 07 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl
Jun 4, 07 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

my handwriting has morphed so much over the years.

there was a time where i was printing all my letters, but not picking the pen up between them. the effect was a beautiful but nearly illegible cursive of sorts.

i've never won any marks for penmanship, but i like the way it looks. it screams ME, so i'm okay with it.

there's some really nice lettering going on up there...SK that's quite a style you have. how in the hell did you develop that one?!?

Jun 4, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 

taken with a camera - if you can't read it, that why. Honest its not my bad handwriting. Sad that my dad has far better handwriting

Jun 4, 07 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

actually it's pretty legible!

Jun 4, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 

I'm sorry hun, I emailed it personally to you (wink)

Cris you just made my night...glad it ain't so bad

Jun 4, 07 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Stourley, I can read everything hre, including sevesixfive's, except yours. So opaque. Beautiful indeed, but opaque.

Jun 4, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I'll reveal the secret, if you promise not to tell, in order to "decipher" my coded "language" you must tip the paper - or monitor - so that the bottom edge of the sheet - or screen - is perpendicular to your nose. The foreshortened text then makes itself legible. Ta-Da!

I'm like Criss Angel - Mindfreak!

Jun 4, 07 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

This thread is fantastic. Thanks architechno!

Stourley, you may run the book club but you are definitely not allowed to be "club secretary", LOL.....

Jun 4, 07 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
Jun 5, 07 12:32 am  · 
 · 
dedubs
Jun 5, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 
dedubs

*attempt

too bad they don't have spell checks for hands..

Jun 5, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 

stourley, i picked up on what i needed to do when i was at work yesterday SO i now know that you're direction to tilt the screen or look from above or below is hopelessly old school. doesn't work on an lcd screen at all. everything just becomes shadowy - and even more enigmatic. ; )

Jun 5, 07 8:07 am  · 
 · 
n_

Danny - Your handwriting is a spiting image of my boss'. So much so, that I actually checked your profile to make sure you weren't him.

But, just in case you are him, don't forget I am taking tomorrow off and I'll be back on the 18th. I know you'll miss me so I am leaving my CDs on my desk - free reign for you to listen. Also if the developer calls asking for me, tell him I said that I loathe working for him. Thanks!

Jun 5, 07 8:37 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Steven, good point, I forgot about the LCD problem.

Jun 5, 07 9:16 am  · 
 · 
Jun 5, 07 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
surface
Jun 5, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I tried at the beginning....then panicked because I was running out of room. thank god for computers...

Jun 5, 07 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I heart that you have AutoCAD and archinect simultaneously on your screen.

Jun 5, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha ha, yeah, i think a lot of us do too!

Jun 5, 07 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

ps...I thought i wrote it like a 7th grader because it felt like I was passing a virtual note in class.

but I guess that's what IM-ing is for....

we use to do that all the time in studio.

drove the profs nuts.

Jun 5, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

hehehe....archinect small box - autocad big box.

Jun 5, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl
Jun 5, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

this could get crazy

Jun 5, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller
Jun 5, 07 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
aml
Jun 5, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

when i was in sales i taught myself how to write upside down for those times when i sitting across the table from clients...actually not too hard to do & usually a nice "wow" factor when people realize what you're doing

and there's just something sinister about lefties so i never really got into that

Jun 5, 07 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Oh no you didn't!!

Jun 5, 07 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I agree puddles...it seems like everyone in my life is a lefty (my brother, roommate, best friend, etc.)

There’s something “off” about all of them. it's just not right.

Let-alone the constant arguments I have with them when they complain they can't do something cause they're a lefty...WHEN IT'S SYMMETRICAL!>!>>!>! WTF, if something is symmetrical (i.e. the pizza cutter) it is NOT easier for me (the RIGHTy) to use than it is for you.

Jun 5, 07 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

;) yes. i said it.

Jun 5, 07 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Oh no you didnt!!! (again)

Jun 5, 07 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
aml

steering clear of the rightie/leftie debacle, i must say i taught myself to read upside down a long time ago but puddles' comment has just inspired me to learn to write upside down. which hasn't been as hard as it sounded. solid use of about 10 minutes, will have to return for more practice. cool procrastination excuse.

Jun 5, 07 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

oh yes I di_____id. *snap*

Jun 5, 07 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

oh tumbles...don't get my started on those ambidextrous weirdo's
;-L/

Jun 5, 07 7:01 pm  · 
 · 

i used to paint for years with my left hand. And apparently I used to draw with it too, but my parents used to tell me to use my other hand. Wtf?

Anyhow my dad was a tech a planning board in his youth, prior to becoming a financial advisor, his writing still shows remnaces of his previous profession. disgustingly so, even his signature has that look.

Jun 5, 07 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

hmmm...look what I came across http://www.ambidextrousmag.org/

Jun 5, 07 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

hmm, the pizza cutter i use is not in fact symmetrical. the blade is held on one side of the handle (the right), like so:

what kind do you use? (yes, i am procrastinating...)

Jun 5, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl
Jun 5, 07 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

the other side looks identical...identically symmetrical.

I am procrastinating too...and going home...ciao.

Jun 5, 07 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

hahhahahhah, cris!

Jun 5, 07 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

=P

Jun 5, 07 8:03 pm  · 
 · 

i mouse with my right.

..and puddles sinister reference shouldn't be taken as a pejorative. for those not left-centric, a little etymology primer:

words based on root for left = sinister, gauche

words based on root for right = right(!), rectitude, adroit

see a pattern?

Jun 5, 07 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
Jun 5, 07 9:22 pm  · 
 · 

years of graffiti to get my writing that illegible.

Jun 5, 07 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Knock off the word "horrible", Q., and you'd correct.

re: a smaller population of older people being lefties, isn't that ebcause in the dark ages of 50 years ago they used to beat the elft-handedness out of children, thinking it was deviant? These days we're much more relaxed and hopefully knowledgeable about those things - Angus draws with both, though he is better with his right, but we don't push either.

Jun 5, 07 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

liberty bell,

It was always one of those things I loved about Kirby Lockard, it was his ability to hold chaulk in both hands and draw away on the chaulk board in various colors so you could grasp what the hell he was doing.
It was really a visual symphony, which I hold inside my head to this day.

Jun 5, 07 9:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: