Archinect
anchor

Designer moving to NYC

lsobol

I'm moving to NYC in a couple weeks and after a summer 'internship' will be looking to begin a permanent position in Aug/Sept.

Does anyone know of any employment agencies in NYC that specialize in design/architectural placing?

Know of any websites were job openings are posted?

May 14, 07 7:19 pm
oldirty

Archinect?
newyork-architects.com
craigslist (last resort IMHO)
nytimes.com(just look for the jobs section and type in architect)
aiany.org

You could do the employment agencies(Microsol and I cant remember the name of the other one) but they will just force you into a soul sucking CAD monkey position at a LCD firm-they work on commission and just want to get your ass into a seat. August and September is a good time to get hired,so it might be better to just make a list of the places you would actually want to work at,research them,work on your portfolio after work hours and apply there-you will be a better fit and give a better interview at those firms. And you have a better chance of having a fulfilling experience at a firm if you werent herded in there by a third party.

May 14, 07 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
c

api was maybe the other one ?
anyhow , the architect;s nespaper ( www.archpaper.com) has local classifieds, also check http://www.newyork-architects.com/ jobs section...

May 15, 07 1:14 am  · 
 · 
c

repeat- sorry ...

May 15, 07 1:15 am  · 
 · 
tc79

recruiters...
api
roz goldfarb
ruth hirsch
microsol

they all advertise in the architect's newspaper.

Also try the AIA and NY Times online.

May 15, 07 6:24 am  · 
 · 
tc79

recruiters...
api
roz goldfarb
ruth hirsch
microsol

they all advertise in the architect's newspaper.

Also try the AIA and NY Times online.

May 15, 07 6:25 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

rita sue siegel

May 15, 07 7:13 am  · 
 · 
lsobol

Thank you all - I appreciate the advice.

May 15, 07 11:27 am  · 
 · 
Murrye

CFA (consulting for architects) is another 3rd party agency.... they place you in temporary positions (hourly pay, no benefits.. you're freelance and they make commission off of you). it's not a good long term solution, but perhaps a good way to check out a a variety of offices before committing yourself to one.

however, this is a great time to get hired in new york. there are so many jobs open, and my firm even has a hard time hiring because there are so many options out there for job seekers right now.

May 15, 07 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
lsobol

PlastiX:

Would you mind mailing me the name of the firm you work at?

May 15, 07 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
Murrye

sent

May 15, 07 1:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: