Archinect
anchor

Using current project documentations in portfolio

bm9073

Is it necessary to show the work that I am currently working on at my office when I attend job interviews at other offices? As a permanent staff, it's difficult to suddenly ask my current office for permission to retain some of the work for my portfolio. However, I won't be able to demonstrate my skills and experience without showing my current work especially when I have been working at this office for a while. I know a lot of people would just take things without asking as long as they are for personal use. If I do that, would I give the other offices a negative impression as they may think I cannot be trusted? Will I get into any legal issues? Basically, if I am to include my current office's work in my portfolio, I won't be showing any drawings from competitions and proposals. They will mostly be presentation and working drawings in progress. I don't know how confidential these things are. Any thoughts and suggestions especially from those who conduct interviews?

Sep 19, 12 11:31 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: