Archinect
anchor

The Effects of Being a Working Stiff

moratto

Have you noticed unpleasant side effects from being a responsible employee?

For some reason I can not sleep past 8:00am no matter how late I stay up. This has become very depressing. I have now realized that I have become old!!!

May 11, 07 3:06 am
mdler

drink at the office more

May 11, 07 3:24 am  · 
 · 

for me it's 6am. like it or not.

and i have REAL trouble staying up past 11pm these days. like i'm catatonic.

May 11, 07 7:38 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

if you were responsible you'd be in the office before 8a.m. Just who do you think you're fooling?

May 11, 07 8:57 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

I perpetually get in the office earlier with each passing year. Right out of college it was tough to make it in by 8am. Pretty soon I was in by 7:30am. Now I'm often in before 7am. This morning it was 6:45 am.

Problem is I'm not always getting out of the office before 5pm. I don't feel guilty for leaving at 4:00, but that doesn't happen every day.

May 11, 07 9:01 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

it's not being responsible that is waking you up, but getting older that doing it to you. face the mirror, your no longer a spring chicken who can sleep till noon!

May 11, 07 9:56 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i tend to wake up earlier on the weekends knowing that i can look forward to a nice nap in the afternoon.

May 11, 07 11:04 am  · 
 · 
simples

after 9 years of being a "working stiff", i am blessed with the ability of sleeping til 11am on weekends (i love my wife for allowing me that privilege), and still struggle to wake up by 8am on weekdays...
and i have trouble falling asleep before midnight anyday of the week...so i guess working has not changed my sleeping habits...
it is worth mentioning, my current office is filled with morning people, so i get all sorts of ugly looks when i walk in at 9am, but then again, it's nice to be alone in the office at 430 pm...

being a working stiff has made my health go down the drain though...or that might be the age (and/or the alcohol) as well...

May 11, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

this working stiff has decided to take a half day today.

May 11, 07 11:10 am  · 
 · 
moratto

I got the day off and tried to sleep in. It didn't happen.

May 11, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 
Sparks

take 2 hour lunches with the whole office. and make sure you get an extra pitcher every time

May 11, 07 11:49 am  · 
 · 

i shut down after 5pm

May 13, 07 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Sad part is that in the lastcouple months I realize I don't sleep in ( no matter the situation), I nap watching DVDs with my kids, I need reading glasses, and worst of all I can't drink any more, I'm blithering after like three beers , therefore I only drink light beer, very sad.

May 14, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: