Archinect
anchor

job posting life span?

treekiller

Whats the typical window between when a firm make a job posting here, at the AIA, or in a newspaper, and when they start interviewing? One day, one week, one month?

How quickly do you need to respond with any hope of landing that job?

So you see a great job posting from a month ago on archinect, is it still worth sending your qualifications off to that office or have they most likely hired somebody already?

since this is probably a regional economic thing, can you please include where you are commenting from....

May 10, 07 10:33 am
AP

i've responded to job posts from the archinect job post section and from craigslist. some of the firms on craigslist (who also posted to archinect in the days following their initial free craigslist post) act quickly to set up an interview...within a few days.

one of the archinect posts that i responded to took 7 or so days to respond...my interview with that firm was this past Tuesday, and I was told to expect a call today or tomorrow.

hope that helps...

May 10, 07 10:43 am  · 
 · 
Archinect

Based on our experience it really depends. Some firms are very anxious to get someone right away, while others are patiently looking for the perfect match. The latter usually collect resumes/applications for a period of time before reviewing everything and setting up interviews. If a job looks like good match and is still online, then it is recommended that you apply. Employers will usually remove the listing if the position has been filled and they're no longer interested in applications.

May 10, 07 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Whether we are advertising or not, we will interview a good candidate as soon as we get their information. It takes so long to get good people we've had to make it a priority. (We're in LA)

May 10, 07 11:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: