Archinect
anchor

Please help me to get inspired

ARCHIT3CT

I know is kind of obvious to ask in here having all the image gallerys available allready (have allready looked there) BUT I am looking for websites or blogs that can offer latest architectural trends and images of existing buildings preferably happening or about to happen just now.

It will be really helpfull for me and the social-professional environment around me as I work in an architectural practice but designing a beautifull object unfortunatelly is not a priority. What I am looking for is amazing images "wow" types of images (how specific ha ?) . I tend to push my self (personally) to create unussual forms with the machine and look into new geometries to challenge my head. Unussual geometries but to a buildable level I guess is one of the things I am looking for.

Sorry if there is (are) simmilar topics allready and if there are could you please direct me to them.

Any help will be appreciated

May 9, 07 5:10 pm
+i

my personal favorites (google em):

ball nogues Rip Curl canyon @ rice

hernan diaz-alonso

some of the competition entries from the Lyceum Fellowship

john quale @uva (for his work on ecomod + sustainability post-katrina)

and you mentioned beautiful "objects" and i am in love with these:

(wave dining room table by Kenneth Cobonpue)

(gore design erosion sink)

May 9, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
+i

if images dont inspire you--- maybe you should read.

May 9, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
+i

and yes, i think it's per.

the only one who spells allready with two L's on a regular basis

May 9, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Mark Anthony

I'm not sure if you're an architect or not by this post... You apparently work in an architectural practice but for all I know you could be a secretary haha. You start talking about unussual forms and I think of Koolhaas. If you haven't already check him out. Seattle Central Library and Casa Da Musica check Flickr.com too. Good for lots of quality pictures of various assortment.

May 9, 07 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
lsobol

ususual geometries - look no further...

www.emergentarchitecture.com
www.mash-arkt.com
www.rotoarch.com
www.mocoloco.com

May 10, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
lsobol

correction: www.rotoark.com
(oak pass house)

May 10, 07 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

No not me -- as I would progress how to make those silli blocks of clay into anything at all, as they are already on a screen and only display 3D while a program calculate the projections so what you see and think is 3D is infact 3D.

But when you ben subtracting and united various standard clay tubes, cubes cylinders ,then what ; what you have is a picture on a screen how to get that build , how even measure , whare to find a material that looks like Solid entities -- Relive is a computer generated framework ; you simply ask the computer to generate the assembly framework , that with air inbetween still will form the exact assemble structure bits for it. And then make it a stool , an aeroplane, a boat or a house if one is ugly it will only be becaurse you are a bad designer.

May 10, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
+i

hayzues-effin-christ. get rid of this guy already.

May 10, 07 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

is it me or does vindpust's posts make absolutely NO SENSE! i feel dumber after reading it...

May 10, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix
BlueSteel

Vindpust... do you drunk-post? or is your keyboard broken?

May 11, 07 12:00 am  · 
 · 
ARCHIT3CT

Thank you all so far...... (+i and imsobo very interesting stuff)

Is there a sort of geometry that looks in complexity like Neil Spillers drawing ? What I mean is that not the same vocabulary of shapes and forms to be followed all over the drawing.....

Also have a look at this

http://www.aaschool.ac.uk/aadrl/

and check the images that coming at the opening page.......

I wish I could convince my fellow colleagues to follow these forms for their fourthcoming projects.

Any practice that follows and realises these kind of routes ?

May 11, 07 8:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: