Archinect
anchor

Resume - EDUCATION

StudioWookie

been working in the industry for several years and revamping resumes and wondering if i should include any HIGH SCHOOL education or even H.S. Architectural courses???

should this be eliminated??

Apr 25, 07 2:32 am
med.

I didn't put my HS background in and they seemed not to clamor about it. And I only mention this cuz' I've been to many interviews lately.

I just put grad and undergrad.

Apr 25, 07 2:37 am  · 
 · 
spaceghost

at most i would put your high-school and gpa. and i would only do this if the high-school is something notable (a magnet school of some sort) or your gpa is really impressive.

personally i think once you graduate university you can drop the high-school.

Apr 25, 07 2:55 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i've got my high-school in there till i graduate uni, it was for an IB diploma though

Apr 25, 07 2:58 am  · 
 · 

i've left my high school in - and i'm very old - but only because i'm in the region where recognition of that particular high school could mean something. i don't list gpa, despite it being 4.0; nobody cares about that. it's there in case there's a "network" opportunity there about which you don't know. if i moved to CA, for instance, i'd take it off.

so...what spaceghost said.

Apr 25, 07 7:09 am  · 
 · 
Cdee

i am not working as an architect, but as far as i know, and especially if you have been working and have a BA or other degree, you don't need your high school info on a resume.

as far as i know the only exceptions are if your school is well-known everywhere in underwater basket weaving or if you did extremely well....and even those things can be omitted once you get a leg up in your field, or a degree, which it sounds like you have. i get the impression that employers aren't really concerned with your hs....just sounds a little misguided.

I've been out of undergrad for 2 years, and i haven't used my hs info since the first year of college.

hope this helps

Apr 25, 07 11:13 am  · 
 · 

Couldn't that space be better used for something more recent? I chucked my high school off my resume as soon as I got into college, and now I couldn't fit it back in there if I wanted to.

Apr 25, 07 11:44 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i don't list my HiGhScHoOl cuz the experience was too much like this clip.

Apr 25, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
+i

the goal is to have work experience, awards, publications, conference presentations, volunteer work, scholarships, etc so you can get rid of the high school part.

if you have a 1-page resume and you STILL have your high school up there and you have GRADUATED from undergrad or grad something might be wrong...

Apr 25, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

obviously i am "revamping" for a reason.....

Apr 25, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: