Archinect
anchor

i got a positive feedback on my email application, how much time i have to confirm it?

jurysdykcja

Ok, maybe it is a strange question, but it is seriously the first time i am looking for a job by sending multiple email applications. 

And I was wondering if there is some kind of savoir vivre rules, that say how much time i have to make a final decision which job offer i like the most. Is it also acceptable to write an email saying sth like: "i am really happy that you find my application interesting, but now i need time for consideration" (obviously to wait what others have to offer ;P)? Or is it a no-go in a time of the crisis?

How it generally works?

It would be cool to have an opinion from someone responsible for the recruitment process.

thanks for help :)

Sep 4, 12 12:15 pm
quizzical

What are you confirming: a "concrete job offer" or an "offer to come in for an interview" ?

Sep 4, 12 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

I can't imagine them extending you an actual job offer based on an email application, so I'm going to assume this was just "positive feedback" as stated in the title...

Respond. Now. Take the interview, and then decide whether you want to work for them. Interviews go both ways, and you can't do too many of them.

Sep 4, 12 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
jurysdykcja

actually i meant "concrete job offer". I also prefer having the opportunity to have an interview, but i see that it is not really that popular and actually you can get an internship offer based on a portfolio (got one today). So no clue what to do in a situation like that?

Sep 5, 12 3:18 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

You should be pleased that someone thought enough of your portfolio and other credentials to make you an offer. However, you presumably know very little about the firm since you've never been there for an interview.

If I were in your shoes, I'd write them back, thank them for the offer and then ask for a face-to-face interview to help you make up your mind. If they refuse, then that probably tells you all you need to know about the firm. If they agree, then you've bought some time and have a chance to learn more about the firm before having to make a decision.

Sep 5, 12 11:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: