Archinect
anchor

Mixed use construction break out…

dsc_arch

We are working on developing a feasibility study for a client who wishes to build a mixed use building. I have found good data for the underground parking ($25,000 / space) and the cost per unit ($91,159) for the 62 apartments. However I am having a difficult time finding data for the fist floor of a wood frame multi-story building.

Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 24, 07 9:35 am
vado retro

is this in chicago? i think you need four hour separation between your garage and first floor.

Apr 24, 07 10:35 am  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

no, in the subburbs.

I am assuming that the below grade parking has a precast ceiling. then I go up in wood.

Apr 24, 07 10:37 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

if you have retail on the ground floor, you may find it more economical to have the below grade construction and the podium level in concrete. the floor-ceiling assembly is then easily fire-rated and you get a nice slab to start your wood framing.

you're usually limited to four stories in wood, so the concrete podium buys you an above grade level.

lastly, i know wood is used but i've dealt with gc's who won't touch that construction - they want steel studs because of speed, serviceability and minimized call-back issues.

Apr 24, 07 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

thanks for the input!

Apr 24, 07 12:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: