Archinect
anchor

NBBJ Los Angeles

igloominaire

Who's got the inside scoop on NBBJ Los Angeles? Considering a move to the corporate world and the perks, such as they are, of a big international firm, so any light that could be shed on this particular establishment as a possibility would be much appreciated.

InsideArch.com unfortunatey does not feature the LA office at all, and reviews even for the Seattle head office are marginal.

Any thoughts on the subject welcome. Thank all.

Apr 23, 07 9:34 pm
preceptor

Tell me what you want to know. I've done work for them in every office but LA, but I know the story and the issues of that office from the inside, and from people that have cycled through there. Give me a few broad (but not too broad- like "what do you think of their office?") areas and I'll share what I know.

Apr 24, 07 5:27 pm  · 
 · 

wouldn't we all rather work in Seattle?

Apr 24, 07 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
khmay

yeAH!

Apr 24, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
mvsuriano

Archdaddy -

Can't comment specifically on the LA office, but I think you'll find that generally speaking a great place to work. Corporate firms have a tendency to get bad wraps (sometimes warranted), but I think there is a lot of potential to have an impact on large projects, and that comes specifically through the vehicle of a large practice with credibility and experience on those types of projects.

I think you'll also find a majority of individuals firmwide with an open-mindedness relative to current design issues, which is refreshing.

Apr 25, 07 9:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: