Archinect
anchor

Hey what do you guys think of these new reality show?

Philarct

i think reality tv shouldve stopped with "cops"
ill admit that a few of them are alright
but most of them are just flat out
stupidity and repetitive.

it starts
you see the people
they fight, cry, yell, cuss, say something corny
then they get eliminated
someone wins and they go and dash the thousands that they won

what do you guys think?

Apr 17, 07 8:13 pm
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

archinect = myspace?

Apr 17, 07 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

theres one opinion

Apr 17, 07 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
upside

i think there is only room for one on tv, a combination of all of them, so i'm proposing:

a race around an island for fat, crack addicted, wife swaping opera singers, chased by transvestive cops while minor celebrities dance with washed up musicians.

it could work

Apr 17, 07 8:30 pm  · 
 · 

upside when do they design some dress for barbara walters made of coke cans? Who are the judges Goldberg, the Donald, The Pope and Eurchel?

Apr 17, 07 8:36 pm  · 
 · 

I think it's just the next step in the art imitates life imitates art cycle.

I wish there were fewer of them, though I admit a guilty liking of America's Next Top Model, which know is complete crap, but somehow compelling crap.

Apr 17, 07 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

omg do you think jael will get kicked off this week?

*must watch*

Apr 17, 07 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

whatll they think of next?
a reality show for architects?

Apr 17, 07 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
upside

yeah, guess i forgot a few, although not being american i have no idea who 'Goldberg, the Donald, The Pope and Eurchel' are.

america's to models binge and purge after compeating on iron chef, where iron chefe kobi is caught cheating with the token actress/judge?

Apr 17, 07 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

i think its ok to have all that variety and people thinking of even more
you catch one you don't like you change channel and your life goes on, while some one else will be happy to see people trade wives

what i dont like is the media SHOW created by CNN with the tragedy in VA, i really cannot say if it is the way of the united stateans, but the main phrase, the main tittle what every one repeats again and again is that this is the worst killing in a school in american history.....since bla bla, as if it were a RANKING

the level of disrespect and antiethics shown by CNN these couple of days has been shocking to me, it is amazing how they have turned this into the ultimate reality SHOW

no one should talk to CNN no one should be an accomplice to making this a stupid SHOW, in the information age, we do not need these staged interviews and speculation, information finds its way

this corporation is making money for their shareholders repeating over and over the shots that killed human beings, that is intolerable

Apr 17, 07 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

who will get kicked off Archinect next???

Apr 17, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

not you mdler. you're the sanjaya of archinect.

Apr 17, 07 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

and vado is the Blake of archinect, so no worries there either...

Apr 17, 07 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

who is blake?

Apr 17, 07 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

you know, that cool American Idol beat box dude from Bothell, WA - in the top 8 : whaz up fizzizzle!

Apr 17, 07 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

dont watch that show but i did watch ThIsMoViE2nite.

Apr 17, 07 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I wouldn't even know who Sanjaya is if Dan Savage hadn't mentioned him.

I have no idea who Blake is, but I'm guessing vado's nothing like him.

Apr 18, 07 12:17 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i wish i was like j. robbie robertson or rick danko before he got fat and died.

Apr 18, 07 12:19 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You ARE rather like Robbie, don't you think? I do.

Apr 18, 07 12:21 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

lb-how do you know savage? from your pdx days?

reality television...
america's gladiator games, only less gruesome (for now)

beginning of the end.

Apr 18, 07 12:32 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

to add to mauone, its not just in america.

I had a friend murdered at a skytrain station on canada day, almost 2 years ago now and the skytrain station is like 10 min walk from my house, when Jeanie (his aunt) called me and told me had passes away I ran down there so fast, if my rugby coach was to see that he would have been amazed lol. When I got there they were taking down the security tape, and washing away the last bits of blood. I fell to the ground crying and the media surrounded me, CNN being the pushiest. Needless to say I ended up flailing like a crack head at their cameras and broke my wrist. They found his nexopia ( a site like myspace common amoung a lot of canadians and some americans ) and they posted his picture everywhere talking about the great "tragity". I started a memorial at the spot where they slit his throat... I put down a blue pot leaf bandana ( matty was a stoner, fav colour was blue ) I put down 16 blue tea candles, 1 for ever year of his life. And a dozen fake blue roses, 1 for every year I'v known him. The camera people just wouldn't fuck off, they now WANTED to see my freak out on them, it made great news, grieving teenager, possible ex-girlfriend, blah blah blah. We held a candle light visual for him too, once again guess who was there? The god damn mother fucking media.

The are like ticks that feed off peoples misery.

Apr 18, 07 12:32 am  · 
 · 
starrchitect

Anyone else here a fan of The Amazing Race? Who will get kicked off next?

I hope its Mirna and Schmirna, or the Beauty Queens!

Apr 18, 07 9:57 am  · 
 · 

someone who doesn't know who the Donald is

Apr 18, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
Gabe Bergeron

Isn't there one where they put lions and christians in a big arena and then voters get to call in: Thumbs up or Thumbs down? America. you decide.

Apr 18, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

"reality" tv as they call it is a joke.

Aug 13, 07 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

you resurrected this thread for that?

btw is anyone watching this season's design star? truly a wtf?! in some ways, i'm glad they selected personalities with utterly no design ability. it's like watching a train wreck every week. at the same time, it perpetuates the myth that everyone is a "designer." hgtv may be killing design.

Aug 13, 07 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

i was searching for a thread about an architectural "reality" show and how we need on the air. i was also venting because i'm sick of all these fake ass shows out their today, who's going to get kicked off next and who slept with who every tuesday or whatnot.

Aug 14, 07 1:18 am  · 
 · 
n_

I should go ahead and let this thread know that I do not watch television.

Except for DesignStar.

Why? Because I was invited to a Christmas party by some friends who kept saying 'you are going to freak out when you see this house. It looks like Las Vegas threw up.' Lo and behold, it was the house of Josh (Sparkles). It was 100% over-the-top design. He is a super nice guy, although our design style isn't exactly compatible.

I have been suckered into watching this season, well at least until he's still in it.

Aug 14, 07 8:49 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i originally got hooked on america's next top model. then moved on to project runway and top chef. when i heard about design star last season, i decided to give it a try since it had some remote connection to architecture. i kinda liked the budget sets and crappy production style in comparison with more polished bravo shows. it seemed to be one step up from public access or an eighties game show from wink martindale. the designers generally sucked, but you could at least see them hosting a crappy hgtv show. then this season came out and all hell broke loose. who are these people? total freaks. the guy that has to do all his design work with his shirt off. wtf? the latina chic who breaks down crying every 3 seconds because she has so much passion for design. and of course, sparkles. it's really great television. totally horrible, but addictive.

Aug 14, 07 9:29 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i don't now if it qualifies as reality tv, but i've become hooked on the vh1 show in which brett michaels (a really, really cool guy btw) auditions a bunch of women to become his girlfirend. wow.

Aug 14, 07 9:37 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

if you need to find a girl on tv, yet have money and fame, something seriously went wrong and you should just quit now.

Aug 14, 07 10:04 am  · 
 · 
n_

I liked the Latina chick. Too bad she got the boot.

I don't like the meathead surfer who keeps taking his shirt off.

I heart Sparkles.

Aug 14, 07 10:34 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

sparkles is a bit of a hack (well, they all are), but if any of them deserves his or her own show, it's him.

Aug 14, 07 10:46 am  · 
 · 
n_

He absolutely is not acting in front of the camera. That is 100% real-life him. Do you remember seeing the first show were they show previous experience? Do you remember seeing all the feathers, leopard prints, life-size angels, etc.? THAT IS HIS HOUSE. It is out of control. He's like the modern-day Liberace.

Aug 14, 07 11:35 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

the whole feathers and leopard print makes some kind of glam rock sense, but angels!?! the thick southern accent makes it that much more surreal.

Aug 14, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
n_
LIFE-SIZED

angels

Aug 14, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yeah it's glam rock but what's an eighties rock icon to do? at least he's keeping it real with the challenges focusing on dirt bikes and football. who doesn't like life-sized angels rolling around in the mud?

and he's not just "trying to find a girl on tv"...he's looking love! and that's what makes him so dreamy from my perspective. ooh la la indeed!

Aug 14, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

puddles, i think you are conflating sparkles and brett michaels (maybe throw in a little shawn michaels and bret hart as well). now that would be a show.

Aug 14, 07 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Sparkles got the boot.

I think I'm done with watching TV now.

Aug 21, 07 9:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: