Archinect
anchor

400 million dollars to Columbia

mental

and not one cent goes to the GSAPP. thats just wrong.

Apr 17, 07 10:39 am
won and done williams

i thought this was the cost of tuition.

Apr 17, 07 10:41 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

I thought this was going to be about the war on drugs.

Apr 17, 07 10:46 am  · 
 · 
mental

thats 'colombia'

Apr 17, 07 10:54 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

Yeah, but all the blow I've had is messing with my head...

Apr 17, 07 10:57 am  · 
 · 
Jonas77

huh

America's drug plan collapses in chaos

Washington’s “war on drugs” in Colombia is collapsing in chaos and corruption, and the drug producers are winning. The so-called Plan Colombia, which has cost the US more than $3bn (£1.6bn) in the past five years, is being abandoned, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has announced.

Apr 17, 07 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Washington pulled funding for the "war on drugs" in Colombia when our politicians started paying over $200 for an eightball!

Apr 17, 07 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
mental

if only washington would fund my education instead of a war on drugs.....

Apr 17, 07 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

with the money USA spends on war in 1 day the whole world could be fed imagine how much that would go towards stopping the strife that causes 'terrorism'
instead of creating blowback and subverting their own constitution.
but as we know, all power leads to abuse, especially in the hands of absolutist, fundamentalist, theocratic, illiberals(conservatives)

FOOD NOT BOMBS

Apr 17, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
mental

i heard they put food inside of the bombs.......so the people could eat after their homes were destroyed. and why do people define themselves by the words liberal or conservative? i consider myself a "every situation is different so cant have a predetermined stance"ative.

Apr 17, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

you mean cluster bombs made with depleted uranium?

i consider all life to share the same values/needs/wants/desires/aspirations and i ask y would 1 want to take of the other knowing this..

yes relativity very important (in complete contrast to absolutism) as we are dynamic beings with our own POV each.

CONNECTION acceptance affection appreciation belonging cooperation communication closeness community companionship compassion consideration consistency empathy inclusion intimacy love mutuality nurturing respect/self-respect safety security stability support to know and be known to see and be seen to understand and be understood trust warmth
HONESTY authenticity integrity presence
PLAY joy humor
PEACE beauty communion ease equality harmony inspiration order
PHYSICAL WELL-BEING air food movement/exercise rest/sleep sexual expression safety shelter touch water
MEANING awareness celebration of life challenge clarity competence consciousness contribution creativity discovery efficacy effectiveness growth hope learning mourning participation purpose self-expression stimulation to matter understanding
AUTONOMY choice freedom independence space spontaneity

note: these are separate from the strategies to meet needs, and that if we try we can find ways that all can get their needs met, win/win

Apr 17, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
orEqual

Has everyone turned into a politician this week?

Apr 17, 07 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
mental

everyone thinks they are a politician anyway.......i just like to post little stupid comments with no meaning and somehow someones finds something to oppose about it...i find it interesting

Apr 17, 07 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
Zeastbay

Yeah what's up with that abstract ideas list?
The guys who blew up the world trade center looked pretty well fed to me, maybe just a little too religious? Maybe if they ate alot of cheeseburgers they'd be too lazy to blow shit up. I think Jonas is onto something.

Apr 17, 07 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

ya a little to much us tax money going into creating al qaeda + taliban over fear of community with critique of global profit before people capitalism

i would say no to the burger idea, meat = murder, when i said all life i mean cows too as far as having those shared needs of life.
then again i have never eaten meat in my life and i am raw, go figure ;)

less we start more endlessly reciprocal patterns of violence, domestication and environmental racism not to mention meat is one of the #1 sources of cancer according to new reports in the news today.

Apr 17, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino
www.CostofWar.com
Apr 17, 07 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
mental

i was actually listening until you started talking about meat = murder

Apr 17, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
mental

wow, 10,000 dollars a second

Apr 17, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

did you see the FIT montansato threw over certain farmers who want to put 'hormone of genetic modification free" on their products?

i mean it is prove that GMO kill mice babies in experiments and most are unsafe for human consumption yet we feed it to our animals and who would eat those animals less there daughters become mature at 9 instead of 13 and get breast cancer, you know?

meat is not humans natural diet i think this is a basic fact, humans have the digestive problems we do because of this non natural diet.

oh ya what is the topic.. Columbia
anybody read http://narconews.com/ that is some of the best coverage of this issue and other other right wing south American government's attrocities in Oaxaca Mexico.

I know it is hard to take in all these observations with out judgment, but the harder we work toward that the more intelligent of decisions we can make in the name of a longer sustainable life on our planet

Apr 17, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
mental

well, the topic was columbia, not colombia, and i just had a really really good steak last night, and im sorry, but i have never had a problem with my digestive system from eating it, and i will never give up meat, do all the reports you want. you can live your life afraid of everything that "may" not be good for you because someone said so or you can enjoy your life, i prefer to enjoy cause i only got one, and my steak eating ass is as healthy as yours.

Apr 17, 07 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
doctorzaius

to ensure their survival, the funnel-beaker people have carpetbombed the other with payloads of entire herds of hollstein and angus raining from above in milky intestinal agony and death supreme

in a joint effort to save the planet, the IMF, WHO, the NFL and the UN are dropping care crates containing 500 pounds of condoms, 500 kilograms of 500 dollar bills, 500 Super Bowl D Loser T-Shirts, and 500 boxes of Yummy Mummy (TM) Cereal on the indigenous populations of the third world.

on the war on drugs/poverty/gangs/terror front, henceforth the WODPGT, district of columbia druglord/CEO John W al Madden XXV Jr. the IV has been found in a surgically inserted pouch in the bladder of a right whale with 500 tons of catnip, 5 nanograms of Fallwellium 1938, and the last remaining copy of the Koran, which has been valued by our experts at over eighty-five billion trillion dollars. When interviewed, the whale stated he thought he was getting a boob job.

Apr 17, 07 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

400 million dollars could provide a lot of blow for less fortunate people. a lot of blow.

Apr 17, 07 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Sorry to keep pushing this thread further and further away from columbia but...

"meat is not humans natural diet i think this is a basic fact, humans have the digestive problems we do because of this non natural diet."

It's actually a fact that humans were made to eat meat. Humans are ominvores. Look at our teeth.

"The digestive system and dentition of Homo sapiens serve as a prime example of omnivorous adaptations...The human jaw structure is a well known example, as the incisors and canines are good for tearing flesh and the molars are good for grinding vegetable matter."

It's not the meat we have problems with it's dairy. How many people are lactose intolerant? How many people are meat intolerant?

As for Columbia? I'd love to live nearby. Anywhere from the 90's to the school and west of Broadway. Maybe with their windfall they can hook me up?

Apr 17, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
upside

thats kind of similar to the 'humans were not meant to eat grains' argument that i hear every now and again, which is funny because one of the main consistent factors in the development of early advanced societies was access and cultivation of high protien grains (wheat, maize) and fast growing, domesticatable animals.

Apr 17, 07 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

what are wisdom teeth for again??

Apr 17, 07 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
mental

i thought mcdonalds didnt even serve real meat anyway...

Apr 17, 07 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

I'll get the research and prove you wrong.

and either way no matter what you are killing or complicit in death to support your unsustainable habit.

a loss for the whole planets life and respect no matter on what small scale to the whole. excuses for murder never stand up, exploitation, oppression and the fabricated lies used to justify em are sic.

Apr 18, 07 11:57 am  · 
 · 
orEqual

My diet consists entirely of anything that can be found in the rainforest.

Apr 18, 07 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
mental

do you call a lion killing an antelope murder?

Apr 18, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

no i can calling humans creating 16 domesticated spices environmental racism

Apr 18, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
mental

i think your reading a little too far into it, your cause is useless.....you are never going to convince the world to walk around in sandles eating salad all day.....if you want to do something productive, start fighting for alternative fuels and some sort of change over from gas engine cars to hydrogen.

Apr 18, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
orEqual

Jonas, you sound like someone who has never eaten jaguar. How can I even take you seriously?

Apr 18, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

i read what you write as an attack, but you are writing to far into it and maybe i am reading to far into it...

but that is fine maybe it's your nature, who am i to question it, do your thing.

you make quite a few assumptions judgments and evaluations i want to correct you on. but is that even worth my time? no.

but i will anyways with hope you will end your onslaught of opposition and move on to the next thing you want to argue about elsewhere so i can go home make some Bio-diesel clean my solar panels and finish my solar passive pumice-crete geodesic dome.

no i don't wear sandals(think nu-buck skate shoes) and salad is only 1 part of a raw food lifestyle, nuts spouts seeds roots lichen and other healthy fermentations. whereas living foods are the best for a living body not meats that need to rott weeks before they are even safe to eat, beyond all the other unethical(to me) acts that are required for such butchery of others life force.

i hope those compassionate empathetic altruistic and not apathetic or illiberal would agree. solidarity & autonomy

Apr 18, 07 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
mental

do you eat prosciutto? that cures for quite some time and is not cooked. i must say that is my favorite meat.

Apr 18, 07 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

like i said i have never eaten meat my whole life.

Apr 18, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
mental

you should try prosciutto...for sure....i think it would change your mind, and how can you knock something if you have never even tried it? it sounds like you were raised to think this stuff about meat, and where is all the data to support you claim it is unhealthy, i was waiting for links.

Apr 18, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

prosciutto with goat cheese, roasted red bell pepper in some chewy bread is delicious...i always order this when i hit up this one spot...and with ice tea

Apr 18, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
mental

i could eat prosciutto all day long, sometimes i actually do......

Apr 18, 07 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

should got to must have to need to

do you see a trend here?

my family was killed by people who talked like that what would it take to get you to self reflect?

Apr 18, 07 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
mental

sorry your family died, but this is not the time to bring it up really.

Apr 18, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I keep seeing the title to this thread as : $400 million Colombian....

Apr 18, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

For the record Jonas, I actually agree that our diets are not natural. We weren't made to eat so much sugar (and the even worse processed kind), salt and other preservatives. And I think that meat should only make up about 10% of our diets, which would be close to the percentage of most other omnivores.

I was just trying to point out the fact that we are in fact born with the ability and tools to eat meat. I'm sorry people are attacking you for you beliefs.

I have some friends at Columbia and will be down there in two weeks...Manhattan is awesome.

Apr 18, 07 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
mental

Jonas, i wasnt really attacking you, just disagreeing. and manhattan is awesome, i will be moving up there in a few weeks.

Apr 18, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

when is it not the time to bring up denial of choice , especially when i am making my choice by not, and you saying I should see? ;) my mom would flip! j/k

I am a green architect and I take a holistic approach, diet being the most important thing you can do for what is your temple. well exersize too of course, 10 years of thai boxing has done be really well too.

heck even the FDA says eat 85% fresh fruits and veggies. :)

ya how to get that 400 million and put it into something for the public....

Apr 18, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

THIS JUST IN . president of Colombia hosts right wing death squads at his ranch.

Death Squads Met At Uribe's Ranch
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:57:13 -0700
Summary:

Senator Gustavo Petro has publicly alleged that Colombian President Alvaro Uribe personally directed death squads from his ranch in the late 1980s, further broadening the net of accusations and investigations which has already caught a series of ministers, congressmen and the head of the secret police and has prompted U.S. fruit giant Chiquita to make pre-emptive admissions of guilt.

Petro alleges that Uribe and his family used paramilitaries to extend their landholdings, directing hired thugs to remove peasants from their lands.

Less prominently discussed by the Post [Petro] “spoke of how banana companies, including foreign firms, bankrolled death squads and helped paramilitary groups traffic in cocaine.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/17/AR2007041702007.html?hpid=moreheadlines
Apr 18, 07 5:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: