Archinect
anchor

office management

I'm curious as to what software or programmes folks use to manage the project files in their offices.

I'm particularly interested in this for small offices with a variety of projects.

Apr 15, 07 4:14 am

The small government office I work in had a personally designed program done on MS Access. It works more or less but was an expensive undertaking and required a significant downtime as files were uploaded to the system (easier way)

?how does one keep | align | file correspondence leaving & arriving in their own shops?

Apr 15, 07 4:16 am  · 
 · 

does anyone use Archi-Office?

Apr 16, 07 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

nope - excel and word - im not to sure bout the receptionists

Apr 17, 07 2:00 pm  · 
 · 

office management? what's that?

Apr 17, 07 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

have you heard of Newforma?

Apr 17, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

I looked at Archi-Office and seriously considered it, but passed. I felt that it is fairly expensive and everyone in the office would have to a) be trained to use it effectively and b) use it effectively.

Although the shared databases would be nice, we simply use Word, Exel, Entourage and a cheap ($30) gantt chart program.

Apr 17, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 

a small firm i worked at attempted to use filemaker but never got around to designing it. they wanted to use it more for contract management and administrative purposes though.

Apr 17, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i just got some manilla folders out of the cabinet.

Apr 17, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

I did wonder the effectiveness of a program as expensive as say CAD software or photoshop. I could see how use it could be, but training became a biatch

Apr 17, 07 7:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: