Archinect
anchor

Which graduate school enrolls new students in spring semester?

cecilystt

I plan to apply to the March.I program which is always over three years for I have no bachelor degree in Architecture but in Civil Engineering.

I desire to apply to the spring semester and find only a few schools offer the program in spring:

University of Colorado
University of Kansas
Lawrence Technological University
North Carolina State University

Is there any other school enrolling new students in spring semester?

Apr 10, 07 5:03 am
filo

look in australia or new zealand

Apr 10, 07 6:13 am  · 
 · 
cpnorris

I think UT Austin does

Apr 10, 07 9:12 am  · 
 · 
cecilystt

to filo:it seems that they don't have this program.
cpnorris:thanks, i can't open its website so haven't got the information.

Apr 10, 07 9:32 am  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

Check out Stevens Institute of Technology - Product Architecture Lab. They have rolling admissions. It is not an M Arch I program.. It is a Masters of Engineering in Product Architecture. It is an interdisciplinary program that consisits of students with backgrounds in Architecture, Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Product Design, Mathematics, Computer Science. and a couple others.

Because of its strong emphasis on engineering and computation students with egineering backgrounds really excel in the program. We have great proffessional collaborations with top engineering and architecture firms in the NYC.

Let me know if you want more info.

Apr 10, 07 9:45 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

From what I understand, you will be able to start in the spring, but I believe your studio classes wont begin till the fall, so you would only be getting a heads up on your theory and other core classes. but you would have to wait till the fall to begin your studio sequence. so in other words if you are doing a 4 + 3 program you will still have to do your 3 year studio sequence on top of the classes that you already took before the fall. So if you start in the spring dosenot mean you will finish earlier. then the people who start in the fall.....

Apr 10, 07 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
tinydancer

UT Austin does not-not for a 3 year program.

Apr 10, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
cecilystt

to monkeyboy:
Thanks for your advice. I always have interest in Architecture, and my major in college--Civil Engineering is not my choice when I entered the school for my socre is not that high to enter architecture department (I'm a student from China where the university entrance examination is the determinant). But I was seeking the way to architecture all the time. Finally I found March.1 is perfect to people who have the same idea as mine. I don't know if the program you introduce will lead me to experience the design progress of architecure which I most admire.

Apr 10, 07 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
cecilystt

to DifficultFix:
I also read about some information indicating that students who start in spring must wait untill the fall semester to have studio classes. But I didn't realize its true meaning. Thanks for your explnation. Maybe it is better for me to apply to the fall semester.

Apr 10, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: