Archinect
anchor

world cup

upside

I realise that not many people are interested in cricket around here, but its been a crazy week in the Caribbean, including the apparent murder of Bob Woolmer, and with Ireland beating Pakistan.

architechnophilia, besides the obvious massive events, how's it going there?

Mar 28, 07 4:27 am
Nevermore

Upside

Q.Do you know whats the similarity between the MAFIA and the Indian cricket team ?
A. They are all criminals.

and

Q.Do you know whats the difference between the MAFIA and the Indian cricket team ?
A. MAFIA is organised.

Mar 28, 07 8:03 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Yes. Very nice, but lets focus on the REAL world cup and how the All Blacks are in with a chance for a change!

Mar 28, 07 9:03 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I can't wait for 2010.

http://www.worldcup2010southafrica.com/

Mar 28, 07 9:05 am  · 
 · 

its been high drama

one of the stadiums is apparently not ready...so they are thinking of switching the second set of super 8 matches back to Jamaica.

West Indies lost to Australia after an unusual return to play the day after the match was called off due to extra-ordinary amounts of rainfall

Mar 28, 07 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

could somebody splain this game to me. i am automatically drawn to a game with a bat and a ball.

Mar 28, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

that lasts a week.

Mar 28, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
upside

sorry nevermore, but i did enjoy seeing bangladesh get through to the final 8

i kinda think they should have replayed the whole windies v aus match, batting a day later in completely different pitch conditions isnt really fair.

Mar 28, 07 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

GO BRAZIL......OH WRONG WORLD CUP!

Mar 28, 07 8:49 pm  · 
 · 

the windies loss to australia kinda sucked

Mar 29, 07 12:17 am  · 
 · 

vado

its like baseball only for brits + the commonwealth

Mar 29, 07 12:25 am  · 
 · 

a hard ball usually burgunday for one day its white (jcross - this is the one day)

you hurl the ball (not throw) down a pitch, that's usually clay to allow for some natural bounce of the ball

With a willow bat, its stroked. Beyond the boundary is six points if it doesnt touch the ground, 4 runs if it does. If it doesn't reach the boundary you and your partner run between the stumps - each distance is a point max 4 runs.

you have 10 players per inning, and they can be out just like in baseball either by catching a stroked ball or in cricket by hitting the stumps or lbw (leg before wicket) that is blocking the wickets with your pads

any questions?

Mar 29, 07 12:25 am  · 
 · 
The Thriller in Manila

Hayden is on a roll.....Austrailia will be hard to beat I'm just hoping Lara will do his magic again and take the Windies to the Final

Mar 29, 07 1:22 am  · 
 · 
dia

CRICKET: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Mar 29, 07 1:30 am  · 
 · 

tru dat manilla ice

Mar 29, 07 1:31 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

upside, well yea..we are still in shock after that.
our cricket team should start playing marbles but I guess the aussies would beat us in that too.

Australia will win this world cup.

Again (sigh )

Mar 29, 07 2:35 am  · 
 · 

On other World Cup news

france has taken the lead over New Zealand...the rivalery continues

Oct 6, 07 4:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: