donald trump and his influance on people

abracadabra

this is an aol poll ;

Are you a Trump fan?
I pay no attention to him 51%
Yes; I love his passion for success 26%
No; I can't stand him 23%
out of 104000 people.

this means 1 out of 4 people is in love to, and passionate about, the greed. is not this too many for a puritan country like usa?

Aug 11, 04 12:08 am
.dwg

it must be from the Apprentice.

Aug 12, 04 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

You can be a puritan and a capitalist pig. I happen to be the latter, but not the former. If I hadn't been born on a coast, I might have developed into both.

Aug 12, 04 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

with hair like that you can only love or hate the guy. and no matter how good or bad my talents are or will be in architecture, if i ever have to wear my hear like that to be successful, count me out. i will stay a starving artist pursuing the dream of "good design"

as far as the whole coast thing goes...middle America is where true genius resides

Aug 12, 04 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

Just to be clear, I said nothing about the coast hoarding all the geniuses. But, I would say that middle america has held on to the countrys' puritanical roots a bit more tightly than the coasts. And again, I didn't make a judgement on whether that was a plus or minus.

Aug 12, 04 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

design geek-girl

my statement was meant in a light-hearted way. i have no idea if middle america or which cost harbers more genius, if any. it was basically a statement to represent me being from middle america.

Aug 12, 04 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

Oh, well, in that case, pardon my lame, heavy-hearted response. I was just eager to avoid another "my region is better than your region" debate.

That being said, NYC rules.

(kidding)

Aug 12, 04 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

nyc is nice, but donkey kong is the greatest game ever

Aug 12, 04 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
bristone

i would have to vote for Jumpman Junior on Commodore 64;
saying that, Donald Trump would immediately fire abracadabra for misspelling 'influence'

Aug 12, 04 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

thanks mon, i knew something was wrong.
donti fired me years ago for exchanging bodily fluids with ivana.

Aug 12, 04 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
e909

the middle east is where the true genies used to reign

Aug 13, 04 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
e909

besides that, yes, dt's do does somewhat resemble a flipped magic carpet...

Aug 13, 04 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

the guy is one hell of a shit shiner

Aug 15, 04 12:57 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

August 15, 2004 The Times(UK) - abridged

Profile: Donald Trump: Down to his last billion but still king of kitsch

But then nobody ever called Donald Trump a nice man, nor would he have wanted them to. He famously moved groups of unemployed homeless people into an upmarket apartment complex, not out of charity but to get rid of the sitting tenants.

He also pulled down a landmark New York art deco department store over a weekend because he had been tipped off that it was about to get protected status, and destroyed statues he had promised to a museum. In its place went Trump Tower, with its 80ft interior waterfall a modern American landmark in its own way.

The most significant milestone on his way back to tycoon status was the purchase in 1995 of 40 Wall Street for the knockdown price of £550,000. It is now valued at £220m. Despite speculation about property bubbles, Trump has maintained that investment in “tangibles” was always sound, and points, with easy hindsight, to the internet stock collapse to prove his point.

His residual wealth is based on property deals from Miami to Las Vegas, and he is planning a residential and commercial development on a huge site in central Manhattan, thanks to the astute strategic acquisition of the city’s derelict former West Side rail yards.

The Trump appeal, and the selling factor of his books and his television show, is based on the self-perpetuated illusion that he embodies the achieved American dream.

The Donald may have made billions, but they were based on many millions left by his father Fred, whose successful career and invaluable contacts his son merely built upon. In an unusual slip of modesty Trump has revealed that one of his heroes is Britain’s Richard Branson, who really did build a fortune from next to nothing.
It is therefore fitting that Branson is about to beard Trump in his own back yard with his own “do you have what it takes to be a billionaire” reality show on the rival Fox network, assessing candidates through a series of hair-raising stunts rather than business acumen.

Who has the winning hand in this high stakes game will only be seen when both hands are on the table.

In poker, of course, there are no trumps.

Aug 16, 04 2:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: