Archinect
anchor

the business structure of Pentagram

curt clay

http://www.pentagram.com/

How does one set up a practice like this?

Financially? How are the contracts written? How are the fees distributed internationally? Does each office operate independently? Is collaboration between offices in different countries a rarity or the norm?

How does a company with 18 partners in varying fields of study co-exist? Is marketing handled from a single office? What about the financial structure? I imagine Germany and the UK have different tax laws then we do here in the US?

It seems to be that this could be a great business model to learn from for collaborating architects and artists who operate on different sides of the pond and am wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge about it.

thanks.

Feb 27, 07 10:14 am

I don't, but having been an admirer of Paula Scher's for some time now, I have noticed that there are a bunch of books on Pentagram at Amazon, several of which claim to spend part of the book on the business side of things.

Feb 27, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 
curt clay

thanks.. I'll check them out..

Feb 27, 07 11:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: