when you use your xacto knife to cut food at your desk

Feb 23, 07 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

Ive been there too curtclay! haha

Feb 23, 07 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Sometimes when work is slow I use my xacto to give myself a manicure.

Feb 23, 07 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
some person
...when the idea of reading anything other than things related to architecture seems like a waste of time.

I agree.

I also allow myself to read business books and magazines because I figure I gotta know that stuff in order to run a firm someday. All of my reading material must contribute to my career. (Although I did buy and read one fictional novel in the past year because I was completely bored at the airport.)

Feb 23, 07 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

When you sit in a jury for a 2nd year critique for 4 hours, unfazed & energized and eager to see if any of the students would recognise me in archinect.

Feb 23, 07 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

...when you read this post.

Feb 24, 07 12:05 am  · 
 · 

when its 7:30am on a Sunday and you're reading the posts you missed the day before.

and architechnophilia, several of the students at the school I work at know who I am on archinect. its quite amusing, to the point that whenever I see one I'm greeted with "Pixel!"

Feb 24, 07 7:31 am  · 
 · 

good morning, pixel!

Feb 24, 07 7:32 am  · 
 · 

glad to see I'm not the only one what an out of control internal alarm clock.

Feb 24, 07 7:36 am  · 
 · 

by the way, it's saturday, not sunday.

Feb 24, 07 7:41 am  · 
 · 

haha... my weekend is Fri-Sat and it throws me off sometimes.

Feb 24, 07 7:42 am  · 
 · 

Sunday afternoon, fighting the urge to sleep simply to catch up on archinect posts I missed yesterday

Feb 25, 07 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

You take a date to DWR to look at the iconic furnitre. (Corbu Chaise, Eames Lounge, Barcelona Chair, Noguchi Table, etc.)

Mar 1, 07 10:11 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

you big spender you!

Mar 1, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
user09

when this gives you a chub:

Mar 1, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

when you're more excited to find out that your girlfriend, a sociology major, wrote about how Robert Moses' slum clearance projects really just created newer, less healthy slums, than you are about the new underwear she just bought.

Mar 25, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 

when you are just so happy to have a girlfriend

when you go to the various schools of architecture to pick up dates

Apr 1, 07 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

When your willing to give up a beautiful Spring Saturday, to meet with potential clients, and they are not even paying you, infact you dropped another $100.00 on presentation board....ya yas a sicko~

Apr 1, 07 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

When you know that a Faber-Castell 8B has a completely different tone to a *shiver* Staedler 8B.

Apr 1, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
med.

When you watch lame ass sitcoms just so you might be able to visualize the building section of the set.

Apr 1, 07 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

when you designed that sitcom set and prefer designing real buildings instead. (even if that makes you a cadmonkey)

Apr 2, 07 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

you go into a Starck bathroom and get upset that people actually use it

Apr 2, 07 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
rob(E)

this is great- When people find out you're an architecture student and ask questions like
-"what do you want to build, like houses and shit?"
-"man, doin it for the money right?"
-"who's your favorite architect?"
-"what's your favorite building?"

and your response is either utter silence to the point that the attractive girl at the bar feels amazingly uncomfortable and just leaves. And when your friends get back with drinks asks where she went and you proceed to tell them she was a dumb whore.

your response makes your non arch friends say something like "well shit dude, i didnt realize it was that big a deal"

or you just disassociate with these people

Aug 9, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 

you watch belly of an architect and think your life mirrors Stourley Kracklite

Aug 9, 07 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
rob(E)

^hahahahahah

Working late involves missing the Colbert Report...."Architecture you're on notice!"

Aug 9, 07 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
apocalipstick

when you rather spend your money on drawing stuff than on food.. and you go back home and your schoolmates tell you: architect, uh?

Aug 13, 07 4:34 pm  · 
 · 

You get pedantic about how your favorite firms prefer to write their three-letter abbreviations. Shoutout to H&dM! Wassup S-M+H!

Aug 19, 07 10:33 am  · 
 · 

doing a hardware schedule for a nursing home on a sunday a.m. while your family has gone swimming.

Aug 19, 07 10:35 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

is this why architecture is your religion???

Aug 19, 07 10:36 am  · 
 · 

better than martyrdom, i suppose.

Aug 19, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 
garpike

You get your good deeds out of the way early in the week, eh?

Aug 19, 07 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

dating interrupts your conquering of the architectural world

Aug 19, 07 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
apocalipstick

brought a date to an architecture lecture... ran away!

Aug 28, 07 7:53 am  · 
 · 
4arch

at least you were able to get a date

Aug 28, 07 8:09 am  · 
 · 
postal

you unconciously type in archinect.com... before getting your email in the morning...

Aug 28, 07 8:38 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

you Archinect identity is a reference to the work you were doing when you first began to post

Aug 28, 07 9:36 am  · 
 · 
postal

...your archinect identity refers to a radiohead song. wait that's not archi-dork... that's just all around lame.

besides i've got three reasons to be called postal:
1. posting on a message board
2. my former clients
3. i'm crazy

your reasoning:
1. i like the song, it speaks to me
2. i'm fairly lame

Aug 28, 07 9:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: