Archinect
anchor

book suggestion

F0403

Here’s the thing, I’m currently dating someone who has no idea about architecture, design, and pretty much anything I talk about or do. The other night we were at a party and the host had 2 Eames lounge chairs, I got really excited (and freaked out a little, I’m a dork what can I say) and when I tried to explain to him the importance of the chair and who did it, he just looked at me funny and said "architects do chairs... I thought they just did buildings". So I’m looking for suggestions on some books that might be good for him, one on architects and their chairs and some brief history, and maybe some others that might help him understand what it is I do. Also other suggestions from people that have dated non-architects would be great, this is my first time and it’s hard.

Feb 19, 07 7:41 pm
pomoinmono

you must really like him to work on this practically insurmountable difference........

Feb 19, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

just tell them that mies always said chairs were harder to design than skyscrapers and that that's why Chippendale was more famous.

that ought to cover it.

oh, and...

show him that. looks more like a building than a chair.

Feb 19, 07 8:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: