Archinect
anchor

Arch Photographers

trace™

I am looking for some inspirational architectural photographers - anyone have any personal favorites or suggestions (beyond Google)?

Looking for both interior and exterior photos.

Thanks

Feb 15, 07 10:37 am
mm

David Allee is a good arch photographer here in NYC... He has a few books with his photos, I believe.

Feb 15, 07 10:42 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Robert Reck

http://www.robertreck.com/

Feb 15, 07 12:29 pm  · 
 · 

Corb

Feb 15, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

VanDer Salm - surreal architectural photos

Feb 15, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I think we are all architectural photographers in one way or another, don't you think? :o)

Are you interesting in decorating a space, or are you trying to put together a show, or what?

Feb 15, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

julius schulman (did a lot of the case study houses, incl. the famous nighttime one of koenig's Stahl Residence) and paul warchol

Feb 15, 07 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

oops, i meant shulman

Feb 15, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
Medit
Hisao Suzuki
Duccio Malagamba
Feb 15, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
I love archinect

Helen Binet, Paul Smoothy, Paul Tyagi.

Feb 15, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

ezra stoller

Feb 16, 07 6:55 am  · 
 · 

acfa, what are you doing posting 'ezra stoller' at something like 4am? aren't you in CA?

Feb 16, 07 7:07 am  · 
 · 
French

what time is it where you are Steven?

Feb 16, 07 11:28 am  · 
 · 
genuwine

balthazar korab

Feb 16, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 
natnatG

Gerald Zugman?

Feb 16, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
chingale

bernd + hilla becher

Although the link below doesn't show it, I loved the couple's water tower series. They are famous for their BW photography of seemingly ordinary buildings and structures that through committment to only photographying the structures under certain light conditions and specifications and performing a series of photographs, the buildings and structures become facinating explorations of function, texture, and shape.

link

Feb 16, 07 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
psteiner

Derry Moore, check out his book "Rooms", Amazon has it...

Feb 16, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

FLOTO WARNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

http://www.flotowarner.com/

Feb 16, 07 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
shogo664

John- wow...the Floto Warner stuff is very good. I espescially like the 'vernacular' pages. Thanks for sharing. Cool stuff.

Feb 18, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

chingale, you beat me to it with the bechers

Coming up in London at the Barbican centre is Alvar Aalto through the eyes of Shigeru Ban.

Feb 18, 07 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
shaner

me

Feb 18, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
veuxdeux

Bill Timmerman

Feb 18, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Thanks for the links everyone, much appreciated

I am trying to get some inspiration/ideas for renderings, something a little more interesting than the average photoreal.

Now I am itchin' for a nice dslr!

Feb 19, 07 10:06 am  · 
 · 
psteiner

just bought the nikon d80 here in the office...it's a beast, so is the instruction book.

Feb 19, 07 10:12 am  · 
 · 
trace™

do you like it? I've only heard glowing reviews, but I have to admit I am not one to read instructions (at least not at first) and don't enjoy playing with a billion settings.

I did have a Nikon 6006 years ago and it just took such superb pics on its auto setting.

Feb 20, 07 9:13 am  · 
 · 
psteiner

I am a diehard manual SLR person-my Nikon FE2 has never ever let me down. So when I had to figure out the digital SLR I hated it at first, but once I realized that all these buttons and gadgets and tricks and menus get you to the exact same place as a manual it was easier to figure out. I really had to study the manual though-it was in no way intuitive, coming from a manual to difital. I like it so far though-you can beat the "normal" size image file that's something like 50 inches in width...

The auto settings come out fine with this camera-I prefer to control at least two features-the white balance and bracketing, or shutter speed and apertature...

Anyways, it's a good camera, but expensive.

Feb 20, 07 9:23 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

steven-

i don't know when i post anymore. time is all relative in school.

Feb 20, 07 6:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: