Archinect
anchor

And architects complain that there were never any cities done 100% in the modernist style...

So modern!

Jun 25, 12 10:01 pm
TIQM

Corbusier's city planning fully realized! Lovely, no?

Jun 25, 12 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

So you pick a former gulag with average annual temperature of 15F, that is still officially a 'closed city' and you complain about the architecture? The architecture is the only thing going on for that place!

Jun 25, 12 11:59 pm  · 
 · 

having been in dresden and brno in 1990, i can say that the modern eastern bloc city - as a physical environment, at least - wasn't so bad! as usual, if you have to cherry pick your worst-case examples to make a point, you've undermined your argument. 

Jun 26, 12 7:17 am  · 
 · 
oe

Im not that into modernism but that's gorgeous.

Jun 26, 12 8:34 am  · 
 · 

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  And the Milton Friedmanites complain that there's never been a market done in 100% free market capitalist style.

But I rather like that 100% modernist.  The lack of people and trees is very appealing.  Especially the lack of trees.  I don't like to be around people but I just hate trees.  Hate'em, hate'em, hate'em!

Yo!

Jun 26, 12 9:01 am  · 
 · 
oe

Totally man. The utter vaccuum of life is so minimalist.

Jun 26, 12 9:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: