Archinect
anchor

i just don't get it...

holz.box

why would you print out (5) 5' long floor plans for a diagraming/pre-design brainstorming session?
if you were an intern, that'd be oh so funny and acceptable. but you've been at it for [at least] 25 years. astounding!

hdgdd897ghuiouy7tyesdgsghhhahfhfhhadfhruyhio';yjtfgvity67 [headbutting keyboard to show frustration]

Feb 8, 07 11:04 pm
holz.box

ebuhdee ebuhdee - that's not all folks!!

the no talent a** hat that set up the meeting, "forgot" to show up for it, walking back into the office an hour after it ended.

Feb 8, 07 11:13 pm  · 
 · 

holz you letting off office angst again? Breathe brother breathe

Feb 8, 07 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i'm drowning in a sea of ineptidude. anyone have a spare lifevest?

Feb 8, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 

I'm sorry no lifevest but we have alot of triangles and set squares relects from your co-workers hay-day...good luck.

Feb 8, 07 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
binary

cuidado piso mojado..... thats all the spanish i know...

Feb 8, 07 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I once print out the plan of a curtain wall for a skyscraper at 1:1 scale while I was an intern. Didnt know how to stop the plot. Must have been 60'+ long

Feb 9, 07 12:03 am  · 
 · 
upside

be careful, triangles and set squares are kinda sharp, you wouldnt want anyone to get hurt

Feb 9, 07 12:10 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

not as sharp as my staedtler compass. i dropped that into my foot once. yowsas.
i worked at 2 firms where interns weren't allowed to plot until they had been there for a while.
a friend of mine prints check sets, full size, on 8 1/2 x 11 taped togethor. saves on ink.

Feb 9, 07 12:13 am  · 
 · 
upside

i'd be far too lazy

Feb 9, 07 1:45 am  · 
 · 
atowle

Not so long ago I plotted two 1:1 4metre by 2metre windows for a pain in the a** client who just had to see the glazing bar arrangement at full size before he could make a decision as to which one to go for.

Afterall that he made the wrong decision!

Feb 9, 07 8:15 am  · 
 · 
Blue202

i covered the entire floor of an approximately 3000sf lobby with plotter paper, most of which had only one curved black line printed on it so that the terrazzo guys could trace the floor pattern correctly. used about 2 full rolls of plotter paper.

Feb 9, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
Medusa

Where I used to work, we had this one printer that would go schizo every once in a while and just take sheet after sheet of paper and print some unintelligible markings across the top. The only way to stop it was to pull the plug and reset the network.

Feb 9, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

We had one like that in a studio class I took in Rome. After a while, unplugging it didn't even help. Printers and Plotters will get you everytime.

Feb 9, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 

Blue I would love to see that. I'm a terrazzo junkie

Feb 9, 07 5:03 pm  · 
 · 

We have a score of engineers downstairs and we use the same plotter since they killed there (trend). There are constanting mucking up things by not checking things before they print. Always a mess

Feb 9, 07 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

one of the principals had their 3 year old in the office completely unsupervised except for the interior designer who tried to keep him occupied by coloring old elevations with him.

when she turned her back to answer a phone call the kid poured his water bottle into the 11 x 17 printer.

now it howls like a bad timing belt when we print.

thanks kid. really. come again, anytime.

Feb 9, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Blue202

it was a pretty lame design, just some huge swooping curves. i am pretty sure we could have done without all the plotting. precision was not exactly "of-the essence" in this design.

Feb 9, 07 5:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: