Archinect
anchor

Rural Studio

bowling_ball

I'm curious to know if anybody here is or has been a student at Rural Studio..... and what was the experience like?

I've not yet started architecture school (sent out my portfolio earlier this week) AND I'm up here in Canuckistan, so we don't get to learn much about it. From what I've seen and read and heard, Rural Studio sounds pretty amazing if you're an extremely left-of-center treehugger like me.

Jan 30, 07 2:16 am
bowling_ball

Hmmmm.... never mind, I think. I just did a search and found some discussion on the topic.

But if anybody's got anything to add, I'd still like to hear it.

Jan 30, 07 2:24 am  · 
 · 
switters

it is in transition right now. they're looking for a new rural studio director. sit and hands and wait.

Jan 30, 07 4:25 am  · 
 · 
ether

slantsix, just curious are you going for undergrad at auburn or the outreach program?

switters, is andrew leaving?

Jan 30, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

ether..... well, neither for now, for a bunch of reasons. I've got a degree in industrial design, and applying at a pre-master's arch program here in Canada. Where I'll take it from there, only time will tell.

I mainly asked because I like the idea, and wanted to know more about it from the students' side, rather than relying on publications that tend to give a broad, sweeping story of rich white kids working with poor black folk in the southern US.

Where I'm going to school (should I be accepted) has similar issues with the indigenous (native Canadian) population. I'm already thinking ahead to a thesis, I suppose....

Jan 31, 07 1:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: