Archinect
anchor

French architect is seeking a job in NYC

JeanCharles

Hi,
i'm a french young architect, 27 years old, graduated in June 06.
I have many experiences in architecture offices, over 1 year and half, all in France.
I want to move to NYC in order to work as an architect as soon as possible.
I have experience in foreign living and foreign language because i lived 1 year in Brazil(Rio de Janeiro) and 6 months in south Pacific.
I will imrove my english easily.

I invite you to visit my website, in french at the moment, to see my school works and others.

See you soon i hope.

Jean-Charles Robert

[email protected]

http://perso.numericable.fr/jcrobert/

Jan 17, 07 6:20 pm
JeanCharles

Sorry,
i forgot to say which software i use:
Autocad, Photoshop, Sketchup, 3dsmax, Dreamweaver.

Jean-Charles

[email protected]

http://perso.numericable.fr/jcrobert/

Jan 17, 07 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

The french are attacking archinect...the french are attacking archinect

Jan 17, 07 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

j chucky bob,

you've got too many 1st names & that's gonna spook the americans. also, i'm not sure new york will be a good fit...maybe you should consider some places like new orleans, detroit, or vermont where you're more likely to find a few of your kind to fit in with.

then again, francois lives in manhattan & he seems to be doing fine

Jan 18, 07 1:26 am  · 
 · 
myriam

whoa your website totally spammed me with some huge ad for a french bookseller

Jan 18, 07 1:34 am  · 
 · 
firetruck

Whatever illusions you may have about America it would do you well to think them over again. Don't expect them to be grateful for the statue of liberty or the Ecole des Beaux Arts, let alone open their eyes to their abysmal design culture.

America has never brought the world anything beautiful.

France is a beautiful country. You should stay there and think about your ancestors.

Jan 18, 07 2:26 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
"America has never brought the world anything beautiful."

extremists suck!

Jan 18, 07 2:28 am  · 
 · 
firetruck

Most Americans are extremists....they just don't care to realise it.

Jan 18, 07 2:35 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

ok, dude...

Jan 18, 07 2:37 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

your template needs flexibility...

Jan 18, 07 2:43 am  · 
 · 
myriam

bonne chance!

votre site est très intéressant mais ça manque un peu de couleur..... en plus c'est difficile de comprendre les projets. si j'etais a votre place j'en mettrais plus d'info -- ou bien plus d'images pour mieux epliquer la conception des dessins

Jan 18, 07 2:50 am  · 
 · 
myriam

oh yeah and don't make it pop up spam at your interviewers!!!

--find yourself a new york address to pretend is yours--it is hard to get a job from outside the city you are looking in.

Jan 18, 07 2:51 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

is this spam?...i can't tell

Jan 18, 07 3:01 am  · 
 · 
myriam

yeah... i figured i'd give him the benefit of the doubt... plus i'm excited to see more cultures on the boards! Archinect*Global Enterprises, LLC!

Jan 18, 07 3:08 am  · 
 · 
snooker

damn three first names.....that is scarry! Wondering where the III or IV is?

Jan 18, 07 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
JeanCharles

Hi,
thanks to comment...even if it's little bit agressive....

My proposition still continue...

I have 2 importants contacts so maybe i will be in few months in NY...
If someone wants to correspond or find a job here in Paris...

See ya

JeanCharles

Jan 23, 07 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
ewolpin

if you want anyone to look at your website, you should definitely get your website off of the free web hosting domain. The pop-ups are real bad... they will make someone not want to look at your stuff let alone hire you. As well... I would reccomend making it more web based and less of a PDF. Aussi, si vous voulez que les Americains lit votre text... il faut ecrire en Anglais! Ils parles pas la Francais.

Have you checked out world-architects.com? they have a section for NY... you should just cold call a bunch of firms. It can work.

eDUB

Jan 23, 07 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
nils

Dude,

fellow french advice here: translate your site, host it somewhere cheap but free of ads to make it look nicer.. and avoid the east coast its freezing there!

Yeah its a pretty nice discussion board, lacks navigating option, but european architects will invade it anyway ;).

Nils/france

Jan 24, 07 4:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: