Archinect
anchor

Los Angeles Holiday, Part Deux (2)

So Sat night, all the archinectors showed....bar was empty as hell and within 10 mins, you could not walk without bumping into people! Crazy, sponteneous human explosion.

Don't know what else to add, too early in the morning to be posting, going back to bed.

Oh....and found out that Rationalist is not some old sophisticated/astute gentleman, but rather a chick (no offense Rationalist on the chick remark, you're a lovely young woman)! And all this time I thought she was a HE!!
Wild!!!!

Jan 14, 07 11:28 am
liberty bell

Well? WELL???!?!?

Come on, let's see some pics, my Martin Luther King Jr. Day depends on feeling a sense of community!

Jan 14, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I can't post any pics until I get home, I don't have my camera cord out here. I took an awful lot of pictures though.

Can we all just kind of, um, check with each other before posting any pictures that may be incriminating first? That would be great.

So, we had a lot of fun though! However, there were some conspicuous absences: heterarchy, who I thought was coming, and Javier, who also said he would show, but it's not like I had any phone numbers, and everyone knows what I look like, so if they came, they really needed to find me!

Also, it got REALLY crowded. Packed. So if anyone came past 10, they probably just weren't getting in. I actually had to rescue my top and bottom halves from the back parking lot because they got locked out.....and in this record cold weather out here, and in nothing but their t-shirts, that would have been bad.

Today....BRUNCH! yay.

Jan 14, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
aeronaut

Yeah... last night was nuts. I can't believe I did that blow job in front off all of you.

Jan 14, 07 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Yeah, after attempting to fight the crowd, I had the great idea of running out the back "emergency" exit to get to the front of the bar. Mdler joined. We heard an offical-sounding "hey!" as we exited. When we got to the front we had no choice but to get in a line that wasn't moving. Mdler suggested we go to another bar. I pointed to he lineless 80's bar next door. Then we proceeded to shiver. We both had on only our Architecture Sucks t-shirts (and pants), and it was feeling like 30 degrees. Mdler then called WonderK to have her open the back door. Like magic, the door opened within a minute. WonderK had slipped through the crowd and let us in unnoticed by the officials. I was amazed. And thawing.

I don't think mdler will be up for any more of my great ideas.

Jan 14, 07 2:15 pm  · 
 · 

oh gosh, is pole kitten who I think they are? Welcome aboard.

And yeah, can we keep shots of my tattoo to ourselves? My face has already been posted on archinect, but the tattoo is maybe getting too personal.

Jan 14, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I don't think Pole Kitten is who you think she is. Or maybe she's not who I think you think she is.

Let's discuss over brunch!

Jan 14, 07 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I love brunch. And 3 hours of mimosas!

I'm so sad our little LA posse is disbanding. :o(

mdler and I might go to some MOCA exhibit tomorrow afternoon. Unless I find out that it is closed on Mondays, in which case we won't.

Jan 14, 07 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I can officially say that these guys are all freaks, and I have nothing to do with their Antics.

Jan 14, 07 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Actually WonderK if it's open, I'm going tomorrow. If not, I'm checking out the Surrealists at LACMA. you and pole kitten and whoever else doesn't have to work is welcome to come.

Jan 14, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

Aww I'm envious. Sounds like an Oscar night after-party out there ;-)

Jan 14, 07 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

well we did have fun but i would say mostly we were more glamorous than that. and yes, paris was in attendance. and her little dog too.

Jan 14, 07 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Paris? Paris HILTON ???

Jan 14, 07 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

of course, who else?

you bastards have monday off? I hate you guys. I have to work! :(
Pole kitten...haha, nice name!

sounds like myriam is describing all those other people at the bar, especially the one that spilled the drink down her back!

Jan 14, 07 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
aeronaut

i missed paris hilton... damn!

Thanks for the invite to MOCA, but I have to work tomorrow.

Jan 14, 07 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I am working too. Damn.

Who's Pole Kitten?

Jan 14, 07 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

and that dude in the wheelchair who so callously ran over my earring. how dare he! don't those people watch where they're going?! sheesh.

Jan 14, 07 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I like when myriam pulled me away to create a wheelchair path... approximately 44 inches if I recall correctly.

Jan 14, 07 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

well you know, I'm going to be tested on these matters, I need to study them in situ. Let's all go to another bar!

Seriously though, it did make me feel all warm and fuzzy to see that he could enjoy the place as much as we did. Or the blow job did, at least.

Jan 14, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

the elephant thong received some beer bottle prostethics last night...
the girls also created their own dancefloor near the entry...

Jan 14, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i was convinced the wheel chair guy was drunk driving though the crowds...

Jan 14, 07 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

And that's risky. I wouldn't put it past Santa Monica cops to arrest him.

Jan 14, 07 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

the girls' butt shaking intensified when the place played "a daddy mack will make you...JUMP!, JUMP!...kriss kross will make you...JUMP, JUMP!!"

Jan 14, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I did not know how to do the blowjob shot. I am proud of that.

Jan 14, 07 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

haha dammson,
glad to see you're all well.
Did we loose you at the end there after the bar time ended? Hopefully not and it was just you heading north for some rest.

I must agree with myriam, it was good times seeing that the cat in the wheelchair could maneuver through the crowd as well as have enough space to do a turn around if necessary to gain access to the exit route.

ok shit...I think I've been typying too many title 24 notes the last few days.

someone slap me!

Jan 14, 07 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

the blowjob shot became a tongue lick shot...

everyone just scattered hungry for some norm's...i didn't get to say the formal "lates" to everyone. yeah, i headed north to meet with some friends...

3 "architecture sucks" t-shirts + 1 "Mcgraw-Hill Sweets Catalog" t-shirt = architecture geeks

Jan 14, 07 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

mdler pointed out that there was a "silent warrior" in the house doing some crop dusting...

Jan 14, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

oh, I missed the sweet's shirt! Damn. Who was that? How did I miss it?

And garpike, you must never be proud of missing out on whipped cream.

Jan 14, 07 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

wonderk, i have a beautiful picture of you and I. truly nosealicious.

Jan 14, 07 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Yeah what's with he crop dusting??? Jeebus.

Jan 14, 07 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

the not he

Jan 14, 07 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

some observations:

-rationalist talks enthusiastically fast and detailed about any topic...
-myriam puts her palm on your arms or shoulders everytime she speaks...
-WonderK is very happy to share little things...i remember her showing me a picture of Liberty Bell and vado retro on her phone and was so excited about it...
-garpike is chill but he had the girls around him most of the time...he has a scratchy voice...i don;t know if that temporary...take some lozenges, man
mdler goes through phases...there was an exhibitionist phase when he was wearing the elephant thong in there...camera flashes where flashing...then he calms down at the end...
squirelly is a straightforward conversationalist...

Jan 14, 07 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

myriam, it was squirelly sporting the sweets t-shirt...but you had to ask him to lift his fleece sweater....

Jan 15, 07 12:04 am  · 
 · 
myriam

ohhhhhh, damn.

I could add one, though--

although squirrelly is a straightforward conversationalist, he is indeed a squirrelly sort. Particularly when trapped in diner booths.

Jan 15, 07 12:10 am  · 
 · 
Katze

enough talking! were are the pics???

Jan 15, 07 12:35 am  · 
 · 

hmmm, should put in time on the grad apps tomorrow instead of hanging out with people.... I think I'll have to pass on that one.

dammson- my only defense is that I was already buzzed by the time you guys deigned to make an appearance.

Jan 15, 07 12:37 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

rationalist.... loved it...no defense needed.....

Jan 15, 07 12:57 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i liked you...

Jan 15, 07 12:59 am  · 
 · 
Katze

I see an archinect harlequin romance in the works..oh la la. Just kidding - love to tease :)

Jan 15, 07 1:27 am  · 
 · 
garpike

dammson, the scratchy voice is the result of reaching a terminal volume level, at which I shout. But it's not loud. Just scratchy. Typically my voice is smooth... yeah smooth.

I had a great time.

Jan 15, 07 1:34 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

course, you all had a great time. Paris Hilton was there.

Jan 15, 07 1:39 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i had fun...

Jan 15, 07 1:44 am  · 
 · 
greenlander1

so hey whens the next l.a. excursion?

Jan 15, 07 1:52 am  · 
 · 
myriam

nevermore, funny you should pop in, because you were there in spirit!

Jan 15, 07 2:20 am  · 
 · 
myriam

also, hmm, i suppose i do do that.

Jan 15, 07 2:21 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ok, maybe I was busy obtaining the blow jobs but I think I missed the whole "guy in a wheelchair" thing. Wha happened?

myriam I am so excited to see your pictures. I think most of you saw the ones that I took, yes? I was going to add them to Flickr if that's OK with everyone.....

And dammson is right (see above)....I am a very easily-amused person in general. I also get really excited about seeing people or when people come together for things, hence I think I achieved zen last night.

garpike, I believe I finished your blow job, did I not?!? Since you didn't know how......ha ha

Jan 15, 07 2:25 am  · 
 · 
myriam

this thread reminds me of:

"oh no! it's LOCKED! From the other side!!!"
"We've come so far... what are we going to do??"

Jan 15, 07 2:28 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

I was there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS IN THE SAME SPACE WITH PARIS HILTON ! ! ! ! ! ! !

(Bear Hugging Myriam )

Jan 15, 07 2:37 am  · 
 · 
myriam

bonus points to whomever gets it. as for flickr i'm not completely sure yet about that. i guess gimme a day to mull it over please? thank you.

Jan 15, 07 2:39 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

This is a great Monday, first that Vindpust made me laugh for hours and now this....

Thanx Myriam !

(Throwing Rose petals on Myriam )

Jan 15, 07 2:43 am  · 
 · 
myriam

oh man, nevermore... i can only dream!

Jan 15, 07 2:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: