Archinect
anchor

Portfoilio - How much is too much

athenaeum

I'm applying for my first teaching position and the portfolio hit the 30 page mark. Too much? Any others with experience in this?

Thanks!

Jan 11, 07 7:43 pm
koen froyen

i don't think there is a to much or not enough law on making your portfolio... you have to include as much as you need to make it reflect you vision upon the subject. 50 pages to the point make a work, worth of reading. 10 pages of gibberish will not impress (and vice versa). the 50 pages will not seem to long but express your expertise on the matter!

Jan 12, 07 6:46 am  · 
 · 
I love archinect

never too much, always too litle.

Jan 12, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
athenaeum

you think? what about the old adage that 'less is more'?

Jan 12, 07 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
I love archinect

how you you control less? i think its best to have the whole lot, then when the time comes to show it, at least you can skip pages and get to the good bits, depends i think what is appropriate.

Jan 12, 07 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
hobbitte

Our answers can be only as good as your vague question. For now only you have the best judgement on the adequacy of your portfolio. You'll know when it's enough.

Jan 14, 07 1:18 am  · 
 · 
athenaeum

thanks, and apologies for the vague question.

Jan 14, 07 1:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: